Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 2 hours.

Warlords

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Warlords

Hi all,

I know I am not ready for a cabal, but I was checking the website regarding cabals and I was wondering what classes could become warlords? I know berserkers and warriors can but was unsure of the cabal as a whole. Can a thief or ninja be a warlord?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I believe the requirements are that you have nomagic on (it's an irreversible command) it blocks anyone from using beneficial Magix on you. after that... I think if you are following a warlord ish religion I think you could potentially be a warlord anything. help warlord covers this:)

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Zerker, warrior, ranger, probably thief. I don’t think ninja cause of invis and ikizachi. oh, monks can even though they have healing. Am I missing any?

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

That is quite a bit different than it used to be, which I guess isnt a bad thing. One question though, rangers were always shunned, back in the day, in regards to being a warlord because of having an ability to hide (no warlord would ever hide...ever, was the thing that was emphatically pointed to).

Also, a warlord was never one to hide behind anything and sending in animals to be slaughtered for you or to take the blows for you was considered just completely "un-warlordish".

It opens the cabal to more classes which is good it seems, with a lower PB. I am just curious, from an "outside looking in" perspective, what caused the paradigm shift in regards to requirements for warlords (rangers specifically)?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

An increase in common sense paired with a decline in elitism.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Ok...fair enough.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Dude, with a forum join date of 2004, you're obviously ready for a cabal. The fact you can even remember ancient histories like that makes you a veteran. That's perfect for cabals. Don't sell yourself short. I wouldnt be surprised if your first try went straight into the hall of fame at this point, with people wondering forever who the fuck that player was with uncommonly kickass RP.

If anyone else out there is feeling like stiehl here, sleeping on cabal applications for some reason, please reconsider your cabal aspirations. They're not just for the top 3 pkers. Things would probably even be a lot more fun if we had more die-hard grizzled vets willing to take deaths for RP reasons and pursue condeaths. Especially Knights and Warlords. Dont tell yourself youre not good enough . If you believe that youve bought into a lie. Its complicated. I can suggest Thkot as a perfect , absolutely perfect example, a player who was around when I was on my own prime, I could have kicked the guy around all day but he was devoted to his character so much and his RP so enjoyable that I conciously let him get away every fight so he can continue to do his thing

1 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I havent played in 8 or so years. I cant even find my around the map, though your codex, world map, where command add-ons, among other things, really take some of the sting out of readjusting.

I appreciate you calling me a vet, but having created a forum account and messed around for a while, then not logging in for years might make me a "vet' but I lack experience.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Taking what you said to heart, in regards to not thinking I'm good enough to apply, I will look at cabals differently and try my best to role play and maybe I will be able to get inducted, rather than assuming I have no chance.

Part of the problem is, I dont even know where the cabals are. I know Legion is darkhaven, and Knights are Valour. The other cabals I am completely in the dark about.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

That's not important - its important to be the right kinda person for cabals, which you are.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject:

you get out of what you put into the cabal. we don't want idiots who won't take things seriously but we'll take them if nobody else is applying. I want to see effort, not success

unless it's about cabal guardian defense, you do need to participate in that but I think a lot of players perceive it to be a death march when it's not

associating with a cabal is the only way I can get a ranking group to 50 personally. Even if I don't join a cabal I either buy it from legion by becoming a count or buy it from knights by being a noble or buy it from uncaballed or coterie people by becoming a patron. This is strategically chosen based on the alignment and affiliation of the people I don't want to fight until I'm stronger than they are.

Historically being a noble with knights is better for your long term health than being a noble with legions. They both force you to give up your dank rares then die with them to idiots though

but if you want to start getting in on cabals without actually being forced to do defense nobility is a good way to start. Usually the cabal pressures you to induct if there's a war

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject:

I don't do cabal chars any more because I don't really fell like writing backgrounds.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Thieves and ninjas can't be Warlords as they're looked at as cowards hiding in shadows and not facing their opponent head on. They just don't align with Warlord values.

Monks use their own internal power in order to heal, it's not a spell.

Ranger Warlords I could go either way on, but with a small player base, why not keep it open?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: