Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

Legendary skills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Legendary skills

Okay I realize this is a terrible name for this, but hear me out. What if, by mastering a certain amount of skills and by being within a certain amount of the pk list (top five or higher) people were given access to a class type (rogue, fighter, caster) specific skill as a reward.

At the same time pk stats would have to be reset every month so that you don't have that one guy who logs in enough just to keep his suit of rares and then do nothing so that he can keep his skill too.

This would encourage more pk across the board and would stop hoarding.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Mastery of skills is important for this to work too because it encourages people to keep the same characters instead of delete and re-roll when it doesn't work out for them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject:

I log in on occasion to see if anyone is on. Are there enough people playing to have a top 5?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject:

That’s a fair point, 5/7ths of the playerbase can’t have access to a special skill. Also what about one player with multiple characters? Is this a bad idea in general or just one that needs to be fine tuned?

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

I see the pk ability disparity between the top pk’ers and the rest of the current pbase to be so great that giving the best pkers another buff on top of their ability to kill and get the best gear, to be too much. I fear this idea would make too many people butthurt.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

I wanted a way to reward people for longevity of characters and promote more pk and interaction between characters. You’re right the skill level of the elite is far greater than everyone else and we’ll just see them only with these skills. It’s fair to say that we can scrap this idea.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

Maybe make this legendary skill only work if two ppl or more atks you. More incentive for Top PK to fight gangs.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject:

Actually that’s kind of awesome. I only really got to use rampage once and I died horribly, but holy shit is that an equalizer.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

does this mean you guys want more cabal powers

we can give skills to coteries, like when strife had stance

last time I tried to give coteries skills everyone freaked out and someone quit the game I think

could try religion powers

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I would be okay with religion powers.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I dont like religion powers, but I do support being able to get really nice religion-specific eq from your god once you are pledge-ranked. Like how hercules had his hammer or whatever. But religion powers seems like you should just roll a healer shaman or paladin and pick boons to taste already

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject:

thought boons was shaman and healer only? or were you just saying.

would be sweet if healer/shaman kept 2, and dk/pally gained 1. i mean they are attuned to the gods to an extent being good/evil only

kind of touching on vertas idea here with the mastered skills, but instead having mastered skills add flavor or give a little more oomph, or even a big change to it. i know a lot of it has been scaled to lvl, like magic missile i think, but to my idea, the missile would scale to proficiency, and if mastered casting 5, non mastered 3, instead of 5 everytime. or you could do it in degrees per 10 percent 1-5.

you know what one thing i would do? 2 zombies at 50 for necros unless you master animate corpse. 2 illus at 50 for illus unless you master duplicate. but i see ppl freaking out about that

could build blocks with it too, mastering camo gives you quiet movement or vice versa, you know that could add some cool customization instead of just giving everything pathways, but those are cool too

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject:

sorry double post, when i say cool customization i mean similar to skill trees, certain skills opening new ones and closing others? idk just a thought

0 0 0
Flyndance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject:

Does a warrior mastering all his skills get anything? What happened to overpower warcry and berserk?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

I want to encourage longevity of characters (and a bit of pk). RP isn’t as rewarding (as a consequence) if everyone you know during your own characters lifetime is dying consistently.

I don’t want shit to become OP or anything, I just want to be able to recognize names for once.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Don't religious tattoos already have a bonus effect?

I do like that idea about religious-specific gear. Perhaps a banner that coincides with the deity (+saves, +hit/dam, +maledictive, etc.) that would ideally give a proper buff to whichever class. Sakuragi would benefit a necromancer more than Diocletian would, for example. RP fits in nicely to be bestowed such a thing.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject:

I could see about making some skills that aren't bound to any class or race and just add them in. We could consider giving them out as quest rewards or rp rewards or imm religion rewards (for when your god is an active immortal)

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject:

On that note I really like the idea of religion quests or challenges, the reputation feature doesn't really seem to do much of anything (or I've never gotten it high enough, haven't played much with it). Maybe have completing religion quests give reputation for that deity and you can purchase stuff at higher reputation levels?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: