Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

stream and coded references

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: stream and coded references

firstly well start with the codex. this feature is the fucking bees knees. use it all day every day because my memory is crap and can now focus on other things instead. my only issue that I have is that the codex sounds like a list of information on a website, and so I have a really hard referencing it in game it kind of rubs me wrong lol. I was thinking perhaps changing the name to like the great serin library or something (open to suggestions) and than it would feel more AR like when referenced in game. "oh, I read that in the library it does this".

the stream. I love this feature as well. (this is my top 10 of all top 10 changes, fuck your beef) I was thinking though. if we could attach a name to it and maybe make that like a thing we could reference too. I know there has been many times where I've been in the game doing stuff and also watching in game friends fight and wanted to be like.... hey dude you shouldn't be doing that. you should try this instead. but can't. or I have also accidentally referenced fights that I shouldn't have known anything about lol without even thinking and even once have been called out on the mistake and have had zero to say. (how did you know that... followed by uh... because stuff and things).

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Instead of 'stream' you could call it the 'scrying pool' or something like that.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject:

Eh, I like scrying don’t get me wrong, but there’s nothing wrong with referring to it like you would gossip at work (wtf, you guys don’t gossip at work?). The word around town is that Pharadarara actually stopped fighting Cedowyl so he could fry up some bacon, or something to that effect.

I believe that codex shows up as a term for a fancy collection of knowledge and shit throughout a bunch of different universes, Terry Brooks, Forgotten Realms at the very least.

I have no problem with it being called either, but there are generally commonly accepted IC ways to refer to somewhat OOC shit that people generally get the gist of and still not break immersion.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject:

I think you talk like this to fuck with us. you are probably the most serious character in the game

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

I honestly can’t tell if you’re ducking with me. I’ve had zero contact aside from yelling at people for the past few months. Please clarify. Also I’ve been drinking.

*edit aside from my wife or the commissary employees, they don’t count.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

there is an actual in-game codex which can be accessed remotely with insight potions, its in the mystic cabal

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

totally messing with you

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

How about placing a scrying pool IN the mystic tower that mirrors the stream. That would give all the rp needed

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

couldn't we use the same mechanic as the juggernaut just of the stream?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: