Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

new to muds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feldendorf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: new to muds

I was invited to check out this game by another player. Never played a mud before so here goes...

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject:

Welcome!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject:

Cool to have fresh eyes on the experience. Let us know where you get stuck. Most of us were helped along a lot.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject:

Welcome welcome. Newbie Channel will be a solid friend, but don't dismiss the helpfiles. They are pretty thorough and will answer a lot of questions as well.

0 0 0
Feldendorf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks and I plan to enjoy the ride. Luckily I was invited by a player to the game so I am getting shown around. Now if I could just adjust to how fast all the text moves...

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

You know I’ll say this. Of all the games I’ve wasted countless hours on, this one actually has provided me with some useful skills. Being able to type fast and quickly search text for relevant information has helped me out a lot in college and reading big boring manuals at work.

Just keep at it when it gets tough, it’s easy to give up but I promise it’s more rewarding to keep at it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
phredjoenz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

One thing I'll say from long ago experience of when I first started is that if the text speed is giving you any issues trying to adapt, It's probably worth it to take some time and configure whatever client you are using so that it colors key words.
That way things you "need to see" pop out at you. For example disarms, you certainly want to really stand out so that you can pick your weapon back up and wield it again.

0 0 0
Niusan
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject:

Welcome! It's a great player base we have here. Many more players other than newbies have access to the Newbie chat, so it's a great tool. The Immortal staff are always willing to lend a hand when they can too, even when we're not shown in the who list (quite often at least one immortal is about). The world map and codex pages on the abandonedrealms.com website are also super helpful.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject:

The colors stuff is a great point. holy shit that was a good point. I'll assemble a team to check into that asap

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: