Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

Multiple Currency Cost - mundo's pots n cakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arunore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Multiple Currency Cost - mundo's pots n cakes

I once suggested removing these cakes completely, but maybe if they costed multiple currencies that would make them more difficult to buy in abundance, making it a hassel to get through every 10 lvls with the same lvl 50. They have to be costly though, lvl'ing to 50 needs to be an adventure not a breeze. Players will dwell longer at low-mid lvls forcing them to befriend and make relations, so they can get those lvl 50's to help.

I suggest 100 chips, medals, and relics for the cost of pots.

250-500 for the cakes. You could do this multiple currency cost with those quest cards too, but at a cheaper cost. You still have the Surges and guild reward, maybe it should also be discussed if mercs/pets should be restricted to the leader of the group, so you couldnt group four more charmies into the group and also go easy street.

So the idea doesn't necessarily have to be all three currencies but some mixture of them would be good. I am going to make another idea post that could relate to the cakes/pots being made. Ides, thoughts?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Making them cost relics isn't a bad idea.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Do you still get relics when you help a lowbie rank? Because then they would just pay for themselves.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Ya i think each time they lvl you get a small sum. Making them cost relics i like, maybe save the multiple currency thing for legendary shit or something, like endgame gear pieces similar to wow but you have to sort of farm currencies

0 0 0
grant

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

One thing I've always wanted to see in game is a legendary enchantment system where you could add spells/skills/passive abilities to items. (With an obvious tag in similar fashion to glowing/ humming)

It would add depth to character builds, give 50's something to grind for, and still encourage PK.

I feel like your multiple currency idea, Arunore, is exactly what you'd want for that type of system. That way more powerful enchantments would be ludicrously hard to acquire.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject:

My only issue with making the cakes and pots cost things, is when I'm higher up on training out of most pk ranges or I roll a character and am higher and can't group, I'll use them to help lowbies catch up to me, and I won't have relics to purchase them, cause 1 or 2 a quest isn't much to get started on buying those every so often.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

I have done the same thing. Used them to lower my level to bring people up into my range so that we could rank together.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Well.. i feel that by following the same template as druids as far as being relative to alchemy is a great way to introduce the professions.

Berserkers could get stonecutting passive which gives them knowledge of gems and and the mine skill to harvest nodes across Serin. Then the classes can work together/trade between professions but still utilize the profession for their own capabilities, something similar to how druids gain shards when foraging and therefore can slot them via druid staff.

But I agree with you Grant, if the legendary enchantments came from mastered proficiency of that profession in 3 types: physical, magical, and passive. For example with blacksmithing, by cutting the blades edge would give you one of the 3 bonuses, a physical bonus like an extra "slice" attack. Or a magical one like wind slash, or a simple (minor) passive buff to the weapon. Then just scale down from legendary (mastered) to basic.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:

Is that not appealing to you guys? The goal is to achieve a player-driven economy.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject:

Grant that already exists in the game its called augment and it uses druid shards

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: