Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
 Current Top Five Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

When was the first time you played AR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cartsel

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: When was the first time you played AR?

I am guessing that my memories might not be that great. I seem to remember sometime around 1994 getting on my first MUD, and 1996-7 as the start of my random times becoming totally frustrated with AR. What about you??

Of course, the player base was insane back then. So much so that poking your head out of a rabbit hole would likely get it taken off.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Started on text-based games in 2000 (Zork and some other Infocom text adventures, and some of Scott Adams's text adventures too), started playing MUDs in 2007. Started off at Carrion Fields because they had a built-in web client. Around January of 2010, Carrion Fields was down and I looked for another MUD. I discovered AR after searching; I found it some time in the spring of 2010, but my first major character here (Seliwyn) was created on May 1st, 2010.

0 0 0
phredjoenz

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

Wanna say my first go round with AR was around 1998-99. Definitely forever ago...
Trying to get my daughter and cousin into the idea now. So hard to sell the concept of a game without "graphics" to a younger generation though.
If only they knew...

1 0 0
Nadrin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure I started playing in 05. Longest time I have ever stayed interested in one game... haha.

You were so scary and such a good killer. I never would have guessed you were female.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

2005 for me also. Really the only text game I’ve ever played.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject:

Apparently 2003 or earlier for me.. found reference to a character in a verrry early copy of the Mystique.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: