Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

How to buff warriors, giving them more versatility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: How to buff warriors, giving them more versatility

Hi!

I have this idea for warrior class:

changing the mood! Similar to defensive stance, or monks with empowering yin and yang and stances!

Make warriors able to change their "mood" as battle-hardened, nerves of steel combatants, their defining aspect should be control opposed to berserkers who are all about rage and non-control.

That will add some flavor to warriors and add a new layer of strategy instead of just weapon swapping.

Mood list could be:

Aggressive - added damroll or focusing on overcoming defenses with AC
malus, possibility parry malus? or spellsave malus?
(casting berserk would make you forced in aggressive stance until it wears off, would make it a more strategic skill)
Valiant - Bit less reckless version of the above, added hitroll instead of dr?
Normal -/-
Prudent - More focus on parrying/dodging or ac bonus / spellsave bonus with reduced damroll.
Defensive - current defense mode for riposte and such.

And change of mood in combat would take 1 round to kick in for example.

This would allow warriors to time their "stances" according to assumptions of what opponent may do next and in pve they could actually compete with monks as they "should" be the best tanks in the game.

Just an idea, after playing few fighter classes, I noticed that warrior seems least appealing as every other class got some unique mechanic and warriors only got fourth attack and athletics which is not really a unique mechanic but skills. And also overpower, which could be tied into moods I suppose?

I am probably not experienced enough yet to consider all aspects of this idea, so feel free to pitch in with some feedback if this would even be viable from a veteran's point of view.

xx
Twerp

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I do feel that warriors are going to the wayside because of monks...

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject:

Okay, so I notice that warriors aren’t as common as they used to be, to me that indicates a problem. All races and classes should be desirable to play and not be boring.

As much as I like you’re idea, I’m going to pick it apart. Warriors already have reflex mode which greatly enhances riposte at the cost of attacks and limited use of skills. Giving a warrior an offensive stance sounds too similar to rage, if something were to be added I would say no hit or damage roll bonuses, maybe just increased chance of overpowering parry with weapon type advantage, increased chance of concentration when style advantage.

It rewards players for maintaining advantages and relies on existing mechanics. They still have to maintain those advantages so it’s not adding an easy button. To me it makes sense that warriors would be the best at using these mechanics.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: