Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

Word of recall lag
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Head smack happened to me when wording from winter mobs and I killed himself. Was not blinded or dirted, just recalled from mid-fight I think that's when it happens.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I've never had a heads mack from just recalling in a fight. blinded. dirt kicked or the moment or two after dirt kick before rubbed out

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject:

was it fun twerp or was it shit? like, in retrospect with 20/20 vision

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:

To me it makes sense. You cast the spell (or commune, I don’t judge, it’s 2018) frantically and the repercussions are that you aren’t able to tap into the arcane properly (commune with the Gods too frantically, your commune is granted and they hear the intensity of your prayers). The force of your spell causes you to pop out at such a velocity that you injure yourself.

If I recall this change was implemented because someone was recalling whenever they were losing a fight (which was like every time) and the playerbase complained. I can’t recall for the life of me who it was that was abusing the spell. Oh well, I guess that character and the name of the player is just lost to the ages.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

[quote]
<145/812hp 893/1084m 428mv> unknown active - 1pm (day) 13571tnl You can't see a thing!
Someone appears in the room.
You fly blindly into an obstacle with stunning force!
Your head smack hits you.
[/quote]

A blinded recall in combat was the situation.

0 0 0
phredjoenz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

I am pretty sure that a few days ago one of my Char's recalled and was blinded, got the head smack thing, but the damage was way bigger than a scratch.
I want to say that it was a demolishes or something near to that. I was pretty surprised because I never remembered having any significant damage happen when doing it.
Not sure if it's random or what. It was done with my Illusionist for reference.
I firmly believe that the damage should be limited in some way, but also that there should remain a fairly good chance to incur some damage at least. Just not really severe amounts.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Never seen anything more than injures/ grazes on a head smack from recall. Maybe it was a delayed damage skill.

0 0 0
Taor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I worded from Evermore. Not dirted nor blinded, was just engaged with 6+ mobs.

Headsmack did injures and got me incap and dead.

#sadstory

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

So we know this mechanic exists but we don't understand exactly how it works. I volunteer Taor to figure out what conditions make the head smack happen, and what determines how hard it is.

Kidding obviously. But seriously, one of the great things about this game compared to others is the lack of data mining.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject:

he probably had residual dirt kick from one of the trash there. he could see but he was still technically blinded as he had that dirt immunity. IE rubs the dirt out but your eyes are still blurry. tons of mobs dirt kick there.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: