Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

Utilize religion based quests for a variety of reasons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Utilize religion based quests for a variety of reasons.

So first of all to join a religion should be a quest. The Mystics and other representatives of religious orders are not around frequently/at all. It would also add to immersion. Honestly having mystics inducting people into religion kind of ruins it for me... Having someone ask why I want to join the religion and talk about my written background with me. It should be less involved with mortal to mortal interactions with the exception of with shaman and healers, I will get in to that in a bit.

So religion has such potential to be something really great in this game, and with the exception of boons its kind of lack luster for everyone else. The reputation mechanic that was removed could be used as a kind of experience based system used to "level up" your position in the religion. Performing certain actions such as killing rivals or stuff specific to that religion gets you "experience" (reputation, whatever) and you can increase your standing within that religion (adversely, making your standing with rival religions get worse).

NPCs should also play into religion. Only as far as that they too are followers and will react accordingly to friends and foe.

There should be quests to initiate yourself into religions. They could be used similarly to autoinduct, check requirements for background, maybe a reputation requirement.

Healers, shaman, and druids should also be able to convert people or perform "baptisms" that are specific to each religion. This should always be done voluntarily and could be good for role play.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

1 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject:

don't quote me on this but my understanding is that they wanted at least one barrier between fully automation of induction. IE the only thing needed is the religion from someone else. they even removed the approval requirement of background down to just having a background entry.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

Well that makes sense... what about people who can initiate themselves ie shaman, druids, healers?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: