Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Golden guardian set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Golden guardian set

Is there any chance we can make the set not orderly, the regal radiance set offers no holy armor benefit and it basically leaves paladins who aren't orderly stuck in silver armor or platinum armor. That or spending countless hours gaining ore just to possibly lose armor crafted in a fight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Taor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject:

It's the toll you pay for not being a neutral or lawful Paladin.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Engrave the Radiance Set dude.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:

engrave it to what?? because ive been spending DAYS on the codex looking at heavy armor and basically i can't request anything till rank 50 most of the gear in the realm is basically orderly or anti good ive asked multiple paladins for suggestions. Jorax is wearing scintillating armor from solace i can't even think of anything to engrave that a paladin could get shit we could even make the rosemail armor heavy and that would solve the problem but it's few and far between finding or getting anything. I could roll a DK and i'd have red dragon at rank 20 and have a bad ass unholy armor. i understands paladins are a little more squishy because they can heal but im walking around at higher ranks with 10 holy armor. if anyone has suggestions or even possible items to gain that are heavy armor that can be engraved im open ears but i have spent the time looking and searching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

malicious beast is all heavy gear as well there doesn't really feel to be a balance with regal radiance

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

i feel like it forces paladins to be neutral or wait till rank 50 to gain a useful set of items holy armor is major for set parry and damage reduction.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

Those sets are sort of like chump handouts for faster gearing. I don't see a need to cater more to a chaotic paladin. The entire game has catered to chaotics far too much beginning with combat module 1. I've been taking steps to remedy that, but it's been slow because of a mysterious and widespread player obsession with only playing chaotic ethos that I don't understand. Someone already pointed out you can engrave heavy pieces to your set as you gear.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

I'm actually really glad that you guys are starting to add specs to the game. Im definitely looking forward to seeing more.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject:

chaotic = wild attack a random devastate or demolish in place of a mangle or massacre is A HUGE incentive so basically i need to re-roll and be a neutral paladin. cool..

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject:

That's exactly what I'm talking about, Bladefurry. The current immortals really hate to nerf stuff because it feels bad when somebody loses something they like, so we'll continue to add specs and other options to give everyone more control over their character and the ability to feel more powerful.

0 0 0
Taor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject:

I was contemplating between chaotic and neutral good.

I rolled chaotic because of what the helpfile said about each and how to RP his story.

Not because of weapons.

Last edited by Taor on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject:

so again no possibility of making the rosemail armor heavy instead of crappy light

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but with wild isn’t there a chance it will do horrendously small damage?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject:

yes that is true too but the chances of higher damage over smaller damage is quite high

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:27 am    Post subject:

I thought it was equal

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

this kind of thread seems to me like it would necessarily be created during a transition from "chaotics get everything" to "chaotics and lawfuls are balanced"

I hear you on the request for additional equipment but it takes a lot of effort to make it

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

im not even asking you to make new eq im just asking for the rosemail which is already part of the set to be turned to heavy armor instead of light. malicious beast, fiery fangs, are all heavy armor classes and easy to get at rank 20 can't request regal till 30 i think

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Platinum is perfect for paladins until you hit the 40s and can start requesting the decent Rares. I would even keep wearing platinum and engrave a few pieces in until you can full switch over to regal or just get rid of sets because they are a crutch unless you have tenor or the end game sets. I personally think regal, malicious and fiery fangs are garbage as it locks you into specific equipment and it's incredibly difficult to get ot of until you have a full set. even than I would be holding on to a piece or three until I could full switch out the mid tier sets as losing the set bonus didn't make up for just switching one or two rares

p.s. as a notorious monk player... I can't believe you are advocating for less light equipment.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject:

Making it heavy has implications. Rosemail weighs 3lbs at the moment. Contrast to medium armor tantalum girth at 4lbs and the heavy vulcan plate girth at 10lbs.

The more effective heavy armor is usually heavier, but the less effective heavy armor can be lighter (but should still be heavier than equivalent light and medium armor). See the bronze girth at 5lbs.

Heavy armor affects some classes differently (druid, monk?) too.

Something you should all be aware of is that changing existing items by narrowing or expanding which races/classes can use them is destroying content as well as adding content. When we do this for items which aren't totally garbage, we are deleting the existing item and making a new item. This has all the same overhead (how much work it takes) as making a new item from scratch, except instead of improving the game it does effectively nothing. If we were to add another item, we'd instead have two good items.

There are three hard parts involved in creating items, and players can do all three.

1. Figure out where there's a hole in the game and there's a missing item or set
2. Design the stats the new item(s) should have accordingly to 1
3. Find a place for the item or a mob to wield it or create one

creating a mob has the same difficulties, except for 3 you're looking for or adding a room instead of an item. Then creating a room has the same difficulties, except you need an area to put it in.

If a player would like to create some objects please make a forum post (can do it in this thread) and give us a list of solutions to problems 1, 2, and 3.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: