Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

I like what you’ve done to the place

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horblest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: I like what you’ve done to the place

Its been a while since I put time into this game, maybe 16 years? I plan to stick around a while. So many changes, I look forward to relearning the finer points, leveling seems much easier now. I had at least one warlord, a knight, mostly played rangers. I’ll just share some of my impressions and random thoughts so far.

Some Pros:

-Been playing on the web portal with a chromebook, find it to be much better than the clients available, I feel a bit slow though, but that could just be me. This automapping stuff is the bee’s knees.

-so much more newbie friendly, the surges, the changed layouts, quest tracking, expanded helpfiles. Already encountered some helpful players. The Wishes.

-scarecrows and other training aids, really takes the pain out of the process.

-like the pets

-new races, revamped classes and combat changes, so much to try again.

Con:

- small playerbase. The game seems to have been changed to adapt to this, grouping seems less vital, at least in the early levels. The paranoia from getting genked just isnt there anymore... least not in the early levels. And rares seem abundant.

Things I miss or I’m not sure of (but are probably the way they are due to fewer players.):

-market square. No one loitering anymore. Miss the excitement.

- item level/rare limits. Balances things out where the playerbase pking won’t be able to, just miss it, was always appealing to me about AR.

-auctioneer: I like the auction system, I just miss players exchanging coveted items for gold and deals potentially turning sour.

Questions:

-assassins gone? How bout vampires? Resatimm still play?

Anyway enough disjointed rambling, thanks for keeping this thing going, excited to pick it up again and interact with the rest of you, hope you enjoy my new characters.[/img]

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject:

These days you can roll a vampire from level 1 if you've had a character in the Halls of the Exalted.

Resatimm still stops by on the occasion but I'd say his character is mostly inactive.

The Assassin cabal still exists but it is extremely rarely used.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

A Navel?

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Assassins still exist? Isn't that the Legion now?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: