Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Q2 2018 Balance Patch Notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Q2 2018 Balance Patch Notes

Q2 2018 Balance Patch Notes

Race Updates

Half-elf
* Half-elf Warrior racial legacy: Boundless Mastery
The hp, mana, and moves granted by Boundless Mastery have been increased, but the legacy only works when fighting higher level opponents.

* Half-elf Warrior racial legacy: Sojourner (replaces Lucky Strike)
Half-elves, often shunned by both human and elven societies, are prone to wandering from place to place for safety and survival. Many of these sojourns lead to the acquisition of new skills. The following choices are available for half-elf warriors at creation.

hunter - The path of the hunter allows limited camouflage in wooded areas.
hermit - The path of the hermit allows limited use of scrolls.
marauder - The path of the marauder allows rogue-like dirt kick and fleeing ability.

Half-elves who existed in Serin before this update can request any of the three paths by writing a note to Immortal on or before August 20, 2018.

Halfling
* Halfling max stats are now STR: 18, INT: 19, WIS: 21, DEX: 24, CON: 20 (changes are +1 str +2 int +1 wis -1 dex)

* Halfling Warrior racial legacy: Serendipity
Halfling warriors have a tendency to find themselves in lucky positions during combat, allowing them to use their high dexterity to land a hobble attempt that would otherwise miss while using an exotic weapon. They have also been known to snatch a weapon that has been disarmed by their opponent out of the air before it hits the ground.

* Halfling Warrior racial legacy: Lucky Strike (formerly a half-elf warrior legacy)
Often underestimated in open combat, halfling warriors can turn their opponents hubris against them using the 'Lucky Strike' legacy. When the halfling is fighting against a superior foe, this legacy allows him to improve his damage from concentrated attacks (HELP CONCENTRATION) against any foe who holds a level advantage against him. The legacy has no effect on non-concentrated attacks, or while fighting foes who are of the halfling's level or lower.

* Halfling Thief racial legacy: Master of Mischief
Halfling thieves are natural mischief-makers and are more adept at sneak, steal, pry, and blackjack than other races.

* Halfling Thief racial legacy: Underdog's Grit
Halfling thieves are notoriously difficult to bring down, even when battling superior opponents. They take reduced damage from the magical weapons and spells of higher level opponents.

Minotaur
* Minotaur warrior is now available at creation

Pixie
* Pixie max stats are now STR: 17, INT: 21, WIS: 21, DEX: 25, CON: 17 (changes are +1 dex)

* Pixie's vulnerability to iron has been reduced and is now more in line with the gnome bash vuln

Quasit
* Quasit is now size tiny (was small)

* Quasit now resists one element as follows:

* Quasits that have reached Serin have escaped the reach of their abyssal masters, but continue to bear the mark of those who enslaved them. Some quasits consider this brand a source of shame, while others wear it with pride. Regardless of the quasit's feelings on the matter, each mark retains some amount of power and gives the wearer some resistance to one element.

pyre - The mark of the Eternal Pyre grants fire resistance.
wastes - The mark of the Endless Wastes grants cold resistance.
storm - The mark of the Shadow Storm grants lightning resistance.
torrent - The mark of the Black Torrent grants drowning resistance.

Quasits who existed in Serin before this update can request any of the four marks by writing a note to Immortal on or before August 20, 2018.

* Quasit now has a minor vuln to holy

Class Updates

Druid
* Enchanting druid weapon into a two-handed shillelagh while wearing the weapon and a shield will now auto-remove the shield.

* Wild shape can no longer be used on charmed mobs, such as player pets.

* Wilderness recall can now be used in battle. Some related bugs were fixed like recalling to guildhalls or with cabal items.

Healer/Shaman
* The conversion spell has been reworked. It is now a skill and works more smoothly.

Illusionist
* Several mobs can now be duplicated that were previously immune, including the rugged-looking slith.

Necromancer
* A necromancer can now use word of recall on his own zombies, even if they're higher level.

Area Updates

Mahn-Tor
* The area's layout has been improved.

* The area's inhabitants now follow acceptable race/class combo guidelines.

* Some existing equipment has been adjusted and some has been added.

* Several secrets have been added.

* A quest has been added.

Other Updates
* Mercenaries can now be given a light to wear.

* Tiny size mounts are now available in the Stables of the Dancing Girl Inn and the Knight Stables.

* Typing 'area' in a location when all secrets have been found will now show the list of secrets, even if the area has a nexus combination.

* Typing 'questor' or 'secrets' or similar commands no longer bring a player out of hide/camo.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject:

Give us a couple of days to update the appropriate helpfiles.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject:

Just want to say thanks for all the hard work. This patch really mixes things up I think. While The others certainly contributed, I definitely saw the progress you made on the patch recently for a big push. So thanks!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

Yes this stuff is awesome big thanks to Olyn. I barely did anything.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Halflings op. Everyone roll a midget.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

DOPE AS FUCK minotaur warrior hell yea thats what im talking about..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

With the current halflings, do they get the 1 training session since the -1 to dex happened? Since there is now a bunch of stats that are going to need extra training points to raise?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject:

Yes, existing halflings get 1 trained returned to them on first login when their dex goes from 25 to 24.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject:

Where is the thief love?

Thanks for the updates. Halflings looking super tempting.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

Happy to redo thieves if you like but be careful what you wish for

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

That's awesome, I was thinking about how it didn't really make sense for halflings to have such low int, I always viewed them about as intelligent as humans... Definitely more so than storm giants/minotaurs lol

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

I agree

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

I vote hold off on thieves for a bit. Unless it’s thiefweed in which case I’m okay.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

thief rework is in progress, it was supposed to be done for the Q2 patch but I dropped the ball

I think we have Olyn to thank for most if not all of the changes implemented this round

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

Question re: halfling thief legacy. More adept at blackjack, etc. Is that expanded auto mastery or everything else being equal, halflings will land their stuff more often than everyone else?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject:

The second one.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject:

Hey guys, I've sent out a newsletter to help promote the game/patch. If you do not wish to receive newsletters, please just click unsubscribe in the email link and move on. At the very least, it'll be good feedback to see whether its worth keep making the effort. I am not sure if it is annoying or not. P.S. I am manually unsubscribing any email that bounces, so if you don't receive one, that might be a problem.

660 emails delivered, an additional 285 bounced and were opted out from future emails, some of those are people who clicked the opted out link before I could review though.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: