Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 9 hours.

I'M ABOUT TO BREAK (savebreak q)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidwitch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: I'M ABOUT TO BREAK (savebreak q)

Hi, all.

Short-time lurker, first-time poster--

I had a question about stacking savebreaks.

I know that savebreaks from equipment are winner takes all and not cumulative, but is it the same for spells?

For instance, lightning shield offers +4 afflictive break. If I'm wearing eq that gives +10, is that net +14 or again only the highest, +10?

And if I have two spells that offer savebreak, are those cumulative, or again exclusive?

Appreciate the help!

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Savebreaks are completely exclusive. Your character uses the highest break from a single source.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the question, I updated the helpfile to clarify that for everybody.

0 0 0
voidwitch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

OK. Apparently I log on once every two years to ask questions about save breaks. Very Happy

JK! I rediscovered AR during quarantine and have really been enjoying the renaissance, so thanks.

My question is as follows:

is it right to assume that spells that don't have a dependency mentioned in their help files are affected in some way by save break anyway?

To illustrate for illusionists--a spell like 'dreamstruck' clearly does not depend on save break as mentioned in its help file, whereas a spell like 'colour spray' has its dependency listed as 'very high.' Other spells like 'misdirection' do not have their relationship to dependency listed in the help file, but would it be right to assume that a save break would have some impact?

2 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

You can think of wearing a savebreak item as a way to effectively negate some of your opponents' saves. When a dependency is listed for a spell, it means savebreak influences the spell in some additional way and should be outlined for you in the spell's helpfile. That might include the amount of damage the spell does, like acid blast, or some other affect, like vampiric touch healing.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: