Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Account bound crafting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Account bound crafting

Something like this would be EPIC! You could learn recipies for different things that are rare that are directly tied to your account, they might not be as strong as the real item or have a chance to roll slightly different stars on creation. Maybe every few months the knowledge would be wiped. Idk just an idea since everyone seems to be in crafting mode.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Terrible. Awful idea, that needs to be stamped out of existence. It isn't fair, at all, to use accounts as a vehicle for veteran players to use to make themselves more powerful than newbs.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject:

I'm totally open to getting more ideas for stuff we can bind to accounts. But I think giving any in-game advantage for an account-bound feature is a no-go. We also probably don't want any houses, mounts, or wardrobes to be account-bound.

So far the only thing I found that I wanted to tie to accounts were class spec unlocks for extremely rare race/class combinations. I haven't been able to come up with anything else yet at all.

I do want to say we are definitely doing for crafting is that no recipes will be "unlocked" at all - you will simply be able to craft everything from the get-go if you have the crafting stations and the room in your house as well as the materials. So, your knowledge as a player will be the crafting gatekeeper and not your account. You won't gain levels or skill percent in crafting at home. The goal will be to just have enough recipes that it will be hard to track them all.

There may be other crafting systems that do have those things. Right now the house crafting system is not dependent on and does not prevent development of other systems. Davairus has been working on one for potion crafting for awhile for example - we won't necessarily work together to make the two systems the same at first. We can release both and then merge them together, or not. Whatever is the most fun

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject:

LMFAO

"Terrible. Awful idea, that needs to be stamped out of existence. It isn't fair, at all, to use accounts as a vehicle for veteran players to use to make themselves more powerful than newbs."

YOU MEAN LIKE IT ALREADY IS. Secrets... special classes.... etc....... This is probably 80% of why I don't play.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject:

how do secrets or special classes make you more powerful ottif

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

secrets, at experienced Explorer gives you nearly the benefit of the old half-elf training bonus. if that's even remotely true than that a huge leg up on newbs. but that's the mentality of the entire game you guys constantly try to reinforce this attitude of secrets and having people need to explore and figure things out on their own, which isn't a terrible idea, alot of the vets like this about the game. This creates a huge gap between those of us who have been playing for 20 years and those who haven't. too say that this isn't already in the game is ludicrous.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

it's not a huge leg up. Even the half elf training bonus was small if you measure it in hours spent training. Newbies aren't going to obsessively train all their skills to 100 like a vet will, they will just train defenses and essentials. If you gave a new player all the secrets at once he wouldn't even notice.

The mentality of the game we try to constantly reinforce is that people need to explore and figure things out. The actual player needs to use their actual brain. I think that's important for me to say. You don't get an advantage because the character on paper knows something, you get an advantage because the character in your brain knows something. That's why we need multi rules, but it's also why people keep coming back to AR instead of other games. And this enables and emphasizes roleplay.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

I don't think being able to train skills to 100% a little faster is terrible, because everyone can still train skills to 100%. I think that's similar to just knowing the fastest places to level. Everybody can still level. In both cases, all the veteran player is saving is time, which a lot of has been invested to save it. What beia has proposed is learning crafting recipes to rare items, allowing the vets to pump eq out of their ass. That should definitely not be account-based.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

You would still have to go farm the mats to craft it. Not like I'm saying we can spawn it in. I guess its a little like writing down all the current recipes and what they do on notepad. Or the person who made them having exclusive knowledge of them and pretty much no one else using that recipe.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

I really want to make all recipes unlocked at the start and just dependent on building your house.

What if the NPCs you can hire for your house are account-bound, and you can re-summon them on other characters? So if you had a badass garden gnome you could keep him, but you'd have to pay the summon cost or maybe build a summoning circle in the house.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

And quest classes being an advantage? I can tell you right now, that quest classes have some nice buffs, but they are countered very heavily by weaknesses. They are intended for rp incentive and to add a CHALLENGE to veteran players.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Not knowing the skills of who you are fighting is a problem for sure but we're all quite sure that vampires are hard to play

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: