Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

Ranger Beast Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jugahbu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Ranger Beast Question

I noticed that when I'm in the city or inside that my beast look uncomfortable and if I stay there long enough then they go back to the wilderness. That's a very cool thing and makes it more realistic since rangers belong in the forest.

My question though..

If I sit in the city for 5 hours and then return back to the forest, does that counter reset on my beast back to 0? Or if I go back into the city for say, another 3 hours with the same beast, will that counter start back from 5?

Does that make sense? Just curious about this. It would be neat for some kind of indication that the pets feel "more at ease in their home" which shows the ranger that it's ok to go back into town for a brief period without worrying about losing his pets.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

I hope this is helpful, I see no replies. There is supposed to be some sort of mystique to all skills, it is rare that you see the immortals giving out hard math. I believe one reason for this is to help the player experiment. I have not played many rangers, but I can tell you the impressions I got from my time playing them. The higher rank the pet, the less uncomfortability they will tolerate. (Bears go home fast). I felt like the counters did not reset, but counted back......If I went into the forest for the passing of two hours, I could then see that message two more times without them going home. Could be wrong, play with it!

2 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

This sounds like something that you could test on your own very easily.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject:

Note the "test on your own" bit doesn't mean other players shouldn't discuss, just that immortals won't provide the info. Mortals can still provide it here if they wish to share

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

I'd just like to add, please don't be discouraged from asking questions. You can continue to ask any questions you want into the newbie q/a. But remember, anyone else can read your question and answer. If you can figure it out by yourself, you gain a leg up on the competition. I think this is a great example of something that's better if only the ranger himself knows.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: