Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

[2018 Q3] Cabal Currency

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: [2018 Q3] Cabal Currency

I'd like to bring parity to cabal currency generation in the Q3 patch.

What do you like/dislike about the current ways to get currency in the various cabals?

Last edited by Olyn on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Has anyone even had characters in all of the canals since this has been introduced to compare them?

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject:

I will say from my recent experience as a Keeper that I have no dislikes against the ways their cabal currency is generated. The only thing I can think of, and I don't even dislike this, is when liberating cabal items. You get no taijias for liberating cabal items, then again, Keepers are able to gain those by merely sacrificing rare items granted they are powerful enough and you dedicate the time to kill the mob for them.

However it is sometimes impossible to farm rares when in midst of cabal warfare. I haven't played any of the other cabals recently enough to have an accurate opinion on how their cabal currency generation works.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject:

I do not think the Legion currently has a good way of generating currency and am open to suggestions. I didn't like the dynamic of how "protection" was working out and preventing Legion members from getting ganked by the uncaballed

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I have. I’m not going to ruin the mechanics for anyone on how it works but to be honest I wouldn’t change anything, I find it pretty easy to buy everything I need with currency and still have plenty just in case.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject:

Vertas, what cabal are you referring to (if it's not a current character)?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject:

Well, current. I’ll let someone else provide feedback then.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11805

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

I like idea of gaining them for people paying off flags you placed—>The fine one for Justice. Otherwise it seems they only get it from time logged on and a Wanted Apprehension? I can’t even remember anymore.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

If you're worried about not generating enough, maybe there could be cabal specific quests that would generate currency that you reset each time you use a guild reward (something so that you can't do them infinitely).

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Legion get skulls from tainted sacrifice. Right? Also steal other peoples cabal currency and corrupt it into skulls somehow. Maybe just by capping their item and issuing a zap command

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

You should have tax collecting by Justices as a weekly minimum, monthly maximum, duty, any 1 Justice per week can 'collect taxes' @ the City Hall. Pro is collect a small % based off of what shops sold, Con is missing tax collectors day enables shop to buy more than they would normally be able to buy. Since you're representing Justice when doing it, Justice reputation should increase per monthly collection, or if a Lawful Evil Justice decided to collect every week, the Justice reputation would decrease. Both show influence around the surrounding areas. Have beggars run rampant like they do right now if taxes have been collected habitually like a tyrannical Justice, if they are lenient, let small unique and interesting shops open up on the outskirts of the city. The Cabals need something like this to begin building a player-driven economy, and Reputations, Religion, all of it plays a part. Small tasks like these are needed to create a player-driven economy that is less reliant on the Immortals and gives more freedom to the characters who are trying to make a change or something happen.

Something needs to happen other than no Cabal link when capturing items. Right now there are 6 Cabals, Yes Mystic is a potential Cabal even if it's seen as a Coterie these days. Each Cabal could show some influence based on each Cabal item captured. Based off of a tally of 6, ranging from least influential to most influential, you have 35 different influential scenarios the way the area changes/interacts to players based on how many Cabal items are captured currently at that keep.

1 for Justice might mean fruit being sold on the streets, and 6 could be that Justice being the dominant power has extended their law enforcement to all other cities, even Darkhaven. Each Cabal could have it's different unique and special influential scenarios. Tied in with Reputations, Cabal Currency, you have a recipe for success I truly believe in going this route.
It just needs work, and perhaps a lot of discussion. If the Cabals are all functioning in a way like this, it will draw players in to immersion.

But you don't climb a ladder starting on the tenth step, you start at the bottom. So I would say if interested, don't even start this until you build a way for players to buy real in game business licenses, well so you can tax them as a Justice after the fact. So when you finish the final product you aren't doing double duty you know what I'm saying? Don't make the ranking mobs goblins if you're changing them to kobolds later. Get the lore right, facts straight, and save yourself some work and do it right the first time you do it.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

That gets pretty far off topic from this conversation and a bit drastic in every measure.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

With the introduction of Lairs, Justices may be able to tax city residents. This will take some back-and-forth discussion with the pbase, if you're into this suggestion please comment further in the forum.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I know that Justice did not have any good ways to farm currency. There was only one way really, and that is to apprehend criminals which requires active criminals.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: