Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Q3 2018 Balance Patch Notes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Q3 2018 Balance Patch Notes

The Q3 2018 Balance Patch has arrived and with it comes the brand new player lairs! Read on for more info about the lairs and the rest of the new features and updates in our patch notes.

* Player lairs are now available!
** Players can now construct customizable housing in a new, player-owned area
** Set up your own rooms, descriptions, furniture, and item storage
** Lairs contain workshops and new item crafting mechanics
** Hate your lair? Burn it down and build a new one

* Tripwire can now be set 'high' or 'low' (default is low).
** Low tripwires entangle small and medium characters on foot, but are trampled by large characters.
** High tripwires entangle small and medium characters who are flying and all large characters.
** Tiny characters can easily avoid tripwires.
** A character who becomes entangled in a tripwire has a chance to face plant onto the ground or an object lying in the room.

* Charmed creatures and sentient creatures are no longer afraid of campfires

* Rainstorms can provide suitable natural water for a flash flood

* Campfires cannot be built in a flooded room and a flood extinguishes an existing fire

* Minotaur warrior favoured weapon bonuses updated for primary axe, offhand axe, and two-handed axe

* Platinum Might set now grants increased strength

* Negative energy spells such as cause continual, cause serious, cause critical, and harm no longer bypass sanctuary spell

* Some rooms are now considered rugged terrain and cost more movement to pass through than other rooms of the same sector type.

* Experience gains from high level mobs have been slightly reduced based on player feedback

* New command 'nodefense' can be toggled to hide dodge/parry/etc. messages in combat

* New command 'smote' is similar to pmote functionality, but allows the character's name to be used anywhere in the string

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

There's a lot of awesome stuff on this update list which I think sometimes gets lost on when we freak out over little things like,,,

harm no longer bypasses sanctuary??? That's been such a fundamental shaman thing that it seems like a pretty big shift (probably in response to them getting enhanced damage).

Couple questions about that. Is the mana cost going to be reduced? Harm at 35 mana or whatever it is, basically now is a flay health with a massive cool down. Cause critical/serious now are probably never going to be used unless their mana cost is cut.

Is the cooldown for harm going to be reduced? Seems like with this setup, cause crit should have a 0-1 tick cooldown, and harm at a 4-6 tick cooldown.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I think that's a mistake that harm doesn't bypass sanc, only the cause spells should be changed. I'll doublecheck, that might have been a miscommunication. Either that or I fucked up the code and Olyn read it correctly and it's a bug.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

yeah it's a bug I fucked up, my bad I'll fix it

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

fixed and pushed to the main port

sorry everyone, that was entirely my fault

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject:

Just so I got this straight, harm bypasses sanc still, but the change did make sanc affect the causes?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject:

correct

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject:

Help file fixed too.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject:

almost makes me wanna roll a char but you all hate me so fuck it

0 1
boo,
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

can't make blanket statements. I don't even know who you are.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

you're playing the wrong game if you care about what other players think of you. All that matters is what other characters think about your character unless your RP is so bad they can tell who the player is

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

"You all hate me" - m1co, that attitude is how I read you easily every time you make a new account. We are all better off without you sucking everyone's attention away from the stuff they'd rather be doing themselves. That's fact. You live in a hall of mirrors and it drives you crazy and toxic after a while. Even at your best behavior you're still humble-bragging. We're all ageing together here in a decent community and its becoming ever apparent who among us still hasnt worked on their shit because it sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the cool people that play here. Wasnt that long ago you were pretending you had 4 million dollars in IRC acting like you were some sort of bigshot

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

The Dav/M1co feud might be one of the top 5 greatest feuds of all time. Right up there with the Montagues and the Capulets.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

It chaps my ass that he picks the patch notes thread for his attention grabs and I'm done with it

1 1
boo,
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

oh cry me a river, this game is meant for a club of 10 buttboys circle jerking back and forth. no one else plays this junk anyway especially because of all the biased favoritism which has NOTHING TO DO with the actual character but player behind em.
hypocrite bs gg, enjoy the death of this place

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

Look at you, just desperate to touch a nerve. You know you might as well be trying to fight a ghost, for all your pointless screaming about the place is dead. There's nobody investing time here who even cares if it is. Nobody likes paying attention to you, so you're all butthurt thinking it must mean there's an elite club that excluded you. But you just can't stop trying to aggravate everyone, can you? You bring all your ostracism all on yourself and this is another fine example in a long history of them. Grow the fuck up, m1co. Nobody even cares whether you've played AR or MUME or CF or FL or WOW or STD or AFK or BTB or have sixty billion dollars or whatever the latest bullshit you came up with. There just isn't time in the day for it. Roll up and play or shut up and leave.

0 2 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

Did someone mention an elitist club and a circle jerk? Let's do this.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

ayyy it's Groq! Come by irc sometimes, you. You don't gotta talk all the time just leave it on all the time when the computer is on

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

Yeah Groq. Gosh.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

It looks to me like air tripwire really needs to go. At this point you can place multiple tripwires, causing a necro or illusionist to run through it and lose all their charmies to the tripwires. This is an emergent gameplay issue that wasnt intended but would like to keep, but I think it does mean air tripwires need to go so that there is a counterplay (and using fly scrolls on all your illusions is not cheap at all)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: