Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

More precious ore for crafting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: More precious ore for crafting

Forgive me if this has been covered or if it is something Warriors already have. It has been a while for trying that guild.

Collecting ore is a daunting task that I imagine would only be worse if more people were trying to craft. 50 ore, the ultimate goal, and get gem to hopefully not mess up your timing, I am fairly confident would take over 3 hours at the height of any class.

To make warriors more desirable, how about letting them break down metal armors for ore to craft with. You already have 4 precious metals so maybe regular metal is just basic armor.

I could also see cabals gaining this skill.

Thoughts?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I was going to expand this using lairs, right now there are some ores already in the world in the haon dor and darkshyre you can mine with a pickaxe from Yarbok in Seringale to get iron flakes, and melt into ingots with a furnace. We can expand that system to create a second source of material, but we have to be careful to balance it right.

We could also add more recipes to craft at the Grimforge. I was thinking there should be two types of recipes for the anvil, one type that can only be crafted at the 6rimforge and one type that can be crafted either on the Grimforge or in your own workshop at home.

1 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject:

The conclusion I came to was that with the current system is that I should collect gold and keep buying random itens. I do however like the timing aspect of crafting.

I am sure someone smarter than I could code in the timing, but I found four Mississippi and hammer or grip works well, and is gratifying when you do it effectively.

As for keeping the game balanced I was seeing an armor rating of about 9 at 15 ore, with a fairly standard plus. I will have to back to you on the 50 ore piece, but so far it has been comparative to randoms.

I do like where this is going and I had no idea you could mine from where the trolls are. The current areas are not low level friendly, but I did find out you can wear that troll face and blend in the troll area. The kobolds in that area are not tough, so maybe have their pick axes usable for mining, like they break with each dig, so ore is limited to kobolds each run.

If 50 ore is over powered then maybe limit the furnace to needing to be over level like 30 to be able to put in more than 15 ore.

I am just spit balling ideas.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject:

I put some thought into it and I think it would be OK to do this if you could turn in iron ingots as a replacement for iron ore at the grimforge, but the ingots have to be very heavy. That way we could make it so you can only bring a quarter or half the ingots from home to the grimforge at a time, unless you pulled a cart or something. We do have horse drawn cart mechanics in game already, with the ability to put stuff on the carts. Once other types of ore are added we can probably allow those types of ingots at the Grimforge as well.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: