Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

Pets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Pets

Are there any plans for more pets in the future? I think something like captured goblins/gnomes/abyssals/fae or whatever would be pretty cool.

1 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Oooh. Like what tame had an extra component that would allow a ranger to tame a wild animal and capture it as a pet. Like the bears on the path to Shadun.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject:

i am happy to implement any suggestions you guys offer for exclusive pets and the like. like a pet yeti only available during strythmas etc. i just have to say its not really nagging away at me to think of the ideas myself but im up for doing the necessary work

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject:

Another idea is to have religion based pets purchased at each deity’s altar.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Ooh, I like the idea of religion based pets.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject:

One of the crafting stations I want to add to lairs is a summoning circle for crafting advanced pets, but this idea is a ways out from implementing yet.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

That sounds fucking off the hook

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject:

a build a bear shop? Razz

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject:

American Girl doll store.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

"Hardcore" pets that have a max level of 50 (same levelling rules as other pets, must be at or below the current level of the player). They should gain less experience than the pets right now do. One death and they are gone and must be bought and ranked up again. Would offer more benefits like increased damroll/hitroll/base attack/carry more items. Perhaps they would be able to tank longer than normal pets are able to tank before the enemy switches back to you and would have a higher chance to rescue. That could be very valuable for PK and PvE. There could be a variety, some for defense, some with more dam, some with more hit, maybe some flying ones you could ride? Just throwing some extras out there.

On the flip side if you kill one of these "Hardcore" pets, then it could add to your PK rating and decrease the owners PK rating as these would be more guarded by the owner and harder to kill. Could offer a fair amount of gold and experience if killed based on level.

* Edit: These pets would be subject to movement loss as well. Either losing the full weight of the room (like forests/water), or losing a set amount each room. And they could wield weapons & armor like a mercenary. The pets could have vulnerabilities too which would give them restrictions to certain items like races have. Maybe they could wear rares that are not higher than level 30.

- You wouldn't be able to identify where they were from your group command/list either, you would have to remember / find them through "where" in game. And you couldn't use "pet return" command. You at the very least would know if they were alive or had been killed.

- They should have to be fed and provided water.

So all of that (and potentially more) would make it double edged in the sense that it will reward you to have it, but it will be a bit of work maintaining the life of your hardcore pet.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: