Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 13 hours.

Enchant armor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Enchant armor

I have not used this skill in a long time so forgive my ignorance if this has been improved.

In the realms it seems after a certain level armor rating is not as important and enchant armor is more fluff to make items glowing.

How about changing enchant armor to adding a random stat, maybe not hit or damage, but randomly the other stats. Like first layer something +1, second layer would be same stat +2 50% chance, fade 30% and explode 20%. Layer 3 the last layer you flip those percentages. Also first layer adds glowing, second layer adds humming and a fade completely removed the enchant. (Luck and skill would modify the chances).

Other thought is maybe add a command to remove the layer 1 enchant stat to try again for diff stat. This whole process would be time and mana consuming.

Layer 1 would be sought after because no risk adding 1 to a needed stat.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

If you want random increases on top of existing stats for equipment, there is already a method for doing this if you know both the process and where it is done.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

AC is the most powerful stat in the game. Enchant Armor adds AC. Nuff said.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

It gives the AC boost as Nadrin says. It's 100% useful and very important.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:

it's only the most powerful stat if you have a certain playstyle, it differs player to player

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject:

I guess I just need to try an invoker again, but I was never asked to enchant armor from other players in the past.

Maybe add a second type of enchant armor.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

are there active invokers right now? lol

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Players tend to ignore most things that aren't hitroll and damage. AC is very powerful, albeit with diminishing returns.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Enchant armor is also multiplied by the ac slot multiplier. So a +7 torso piece actually gives you +28ac. So a fully enchanted suit of just the multiplier slots gives you +68ac. If I had more patience/time, I feel like I could get an earth invoker up to like 700+ac.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

I have tried super high ac in the past with stone skin, armor and shield. I believe it slightly lowered the damage I was taking, but I was probably buggering it up.

I have the patients/time to be crazy, so I will look into AC more.

The picture is getting clearer with each peek over the GM screen.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone (including myself) really has a solid enough understanding of AC to be qualified to go making changes to it. We've all played the game by feel for so long that if anything involving AC was granted a serious buff or change, it could easily be alienating. What I see presently is a system that is done well enough to add fun to the game and definitely no threat of ruin, so I think its best if we focus our efforts on some lower hanging fruits.

That said, I would've loved to make a class or spec of some type where instead of having parry and dodge, your defense is purely AC and dodge, and you literally just take less damage (from AC) instead of parrying. It would have to be a really beefy AC bonus to get that strong. I think it takes like 1500 AC for it to become as good as parry at level 50. Would've been great for panda style or something. I think theres some potential to have a significant defense that we can buff with armor class and overpower with hitroll, especially as a narrow spec that takes parry off the table

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject:

correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like a similar idea exists with un/holy armor on paladins and dark-knights. Albeit dodge not parry that is referenced in the helpfiles.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

I don't recall feeling that I am that jacked defensively in holy armor as compared to when those classes had dodge before.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Oh I'd have no idea about that. I've never played either class. I just have read a lot of help files and thought that one sounded familiar and relevant to what you were saying.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: