Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 14 hours.

RexAxles AR Mudlet GUI, Triggers, and Aliases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject:

I've been playing with this and I have to say I really like it. It has a ton of cool functionality and I think I may start to use it as we enter the new year.

A few requests/questions.

Can one set of windows be moved to either side of the game itself? As it is, where you are typing is way off the left and the game itself is way off to the right. Any fix for this?

Targeting seems to be based on the in game functions, which is fine, but doesn't appear on the map you created. I'm not even sure if it's possible to overlay one over the other, if it isn't, that's cool, but it makes it so people who prefer to play with the room desc's brief, can no longer do so or lose that @ function for targets.

Other than that, you put in a lot of effort and it is appreciated! Thanks.

EDIT: ALSO - your maps are epic and I dig them. More of these please.

0 0 0
Flyndance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

A few suggestions:
- auto switch weapons for combat style and weapon advantage will be interesting
- map interface with visual support to assist target location tracking
- auto tracking capability
- room name search function to find where the room is exactly
- fleeing and re-entering scripts
- maze solving
- tick pass detection
- autosleep to catch ticks and autowaking on tick pass
- forging scripts
- affects detection for one button press to upkeep essential spells

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject:

This looks incredible. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but it has a ton of features and looks like an awesome QoL update from how I'm used to playing MUDs. Really cool work man!

I tried reading through most of this thread and i think I noticed you talking about the sizing and placement of the windows and it doesn't seem like theres any customizability in that on our user end? The way it is set up now with the "game" itself being on the far right is hard for me. Idk why but maybe because I'm used to the text always originating on the left of the window it seems really far over there and awkward to look at.

Other than that tho from my little bit of time spent dinking around with it it looks great! Definitely planning on using it.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

It's nice to see some folks starting to use it. I can definitely add functionality so that you can put either of the 2 columns on one side or the other. I think it will for now always remain 2 columns. I will make the default to have the chat column on the right (with map included), then will add user configurable functionality so you can hide/move either column (along with the resizing functionality already setup - mentioned in the main post).

As for "map interface with visual support to assist target location tracking", that won't be possible on the map I have created. You have no way of knowing the ROOM_VNUM a user is in based on "where" and it doesn't seem worth it to do the research / implement it just for "scan". I'll keep this in my mind though and see if I come up with something. Once I move the chat column to the right and have the who/where/score column on the left only, then you will be able to see the where box much easier at a quick clance. Then you can quickly move through rooms typing "where" and glancing at the where box as you move quicker than you can process (if that makes sense) - I have practiced this a few times and once you get used to it, it has the potential to make your tracking ability significantly increase.

"Targetting" is just a trigger that picks up on the in game message when you set a target. "$$ updated to : <person>" or w/e the message is. And it untargets from the untargetting message. It won't be possible to show your target on the map I setup.

For "auto tracking capability" - I tried something like that out with my quickwalking. It quickly became way too interruptive actually trying to do other things while "where" and move commands were being spit out automatically. Will think on it.

For "room name search functionality", I was planning on doing something like this in the future. It will really make more sense/work better once I have most or all of the mapping done.

I could do "fleeing and re-entering" script / alias.

What is "maze solving"?

I have "tick pass detection" you can turn on the tick timer with "stt". This will output "Tick Approaching" and "Ticked: #" messages.

For "autosleep to catch ticks and autowalking on tick pass" - I guess that you mean when you are quickwalking (through "qw" alias) or speedwalking by clicking on the map? Once I complete more areas and mapping I can add this in. Eventually going to make it open unlocked doors as well.

I can do forging scripts. Will put it in the plans.

For "affects detection - one button press to upkeep essentials". Just to clarify I assume you mean from the affects you are tracking via the "afftrack" alias, you would like to also put all of those up with either the press of a button or another alias? I could add that, I can add custom buttons also that become part of the toolbar instead of just UI - might do that and add an alias since some people prefer to do everything with minimal clicking (myself included).

0 0 0
Flyndance

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject:

The previous list of features I mentioned are simply suggestions that are possibly achievable within the current framework of AR. My apologies that I am not using your client but my own implementation of CMUD.

For example, if you already have a way to detect tick passing, it would be quite simple to create a script to sleep prior to tick pass and wake upon tick pass, hence catching the tick automatically for recovery purposes.

Maze solving helps to traverse mazes like the void and grove easily. Just food for thought but implementation will be interesting and challenging (maybe).

With the entire realm mapped out, doors to interesting functions may become available.

MSDP affects shows the string of affects. Just got to parse the string to store meaningful information into variables to track the affects and manipulate the information for better use as you see fit.

0 0 0
velvet socks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Hey, I was just pointed to this thread, and I'd like to say that your plugin has been really helpful. Thank you!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject:

This client is available for mac.. shit. Game changer.

0 0 0
Necrobotica

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Is this still being updated? I was curious if there is an easy way to resize the windows and such?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Mudlet users. Make sure you put a %c at the end of your prompt because mudlet is doing some weird stuff with the prompt not showing up (arguably, this is AR's fault). Its waiting for a GA signal which tells the client that all the data has been sent and its time to display it. The carriage return in the prompt will instead send an empty line and itll send your prompt properly instead of waiting. This is for sure the case on a mac laptop. I am not sure if it is the case for windows PC's.

edit: nvm. I fixed it.

Necrobotica : I am not sure if Rexaxle still updates but you can try emailing or forum PM him (which I think sends an email)

Last edited by Davairus on Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

MSDP MAP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MUDLET HERE

1. Mudlet scripts need to send this on game connect.

Code:

lua sendMSDP("SEND","CLIENT_ID")

This will cause the mud to know that the player is using "Mudlet" (thats what the client_id needs to be). That tells the game to send ROOM_MAP string with \\n instead of \n so that it obeys the mudlet definition of valid json (per https://mudhalla.net/tintin/protocols/msdp/ msdp does not have to be valid json)

2. Create a container for the map.

suggest that you make something to create a new window when you start the game like, this. Basically this creates a resizeable window. Necrobotica, I guess this answers your question too?

Code:

testuserwindow = Geyser.UserWindow:new({
  name = "TestUserWindow",
  titleText ="My Test UserWindow", -- only available since Mudlet 4.8+
  x = "20%", y="20%",
  width="30%", height ="40%"
})
testuserwindow:setFontSize(14)

Feel free rename testuserwindow, just make sure you are using something consistent.

3. Create an event handler to update the map

You need add script called room_map. Give it an event handler for msdp.ROOM_MAP and put this in the body.

Code:

function room_map()
  testuserwindow:clear()

msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%``","<ansi_green>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`2","<ansi_green>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`0","<ansi_light_blue>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`1","<ansi_red>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`2","<ansi_green>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`3","<ansi_yellow>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`4","<ansi_blue>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`5","<ansi_purple>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`6","<ansi_cyan>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`7","<grey>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`8","<dark_slate_gray>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`9","<ansi_magenta>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`!","<ansi_light_red>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`@","<ansi_light_green>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`#","<ansi_light_yellow>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`^","<ansi_light_cyan>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`$","<ansi_light_blue>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`&","<ansi_light_white>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`%%","<ansi_light_white>")
  msdp.ROOM_MAP = msdp.ROOM_MAP:gsub("%`%$","<ansi_light_blue>")

testuserwindow:cecho(msdp.ROOM_MAP)
end

Note that the name of the script needs to match the name of the function inside the script. And testuserwindow needs to match whatever you called the window in step2.

P.S. If you are looking in as a user of some other mudclient that can't process the map because of so-called "invalid json" just let me know what CLIENT_ID you are sending to the mud.

BTW Mudlet is awesome.

0 0 0
JeepGuy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Is tiny upload the only place to get the files? I can't get those links to work.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

Did anyone get this to work? I the provided links didn't take me anywhere.

0 0 0
dead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject:

So, tinyupload doesn't exist anymore. Does anyone still have a copy of this? Have been using Dav's "offical" mudlet client that autodownloads, but would love to try out this one. Want to see how it works, I am been tinkering but having problems with lots of things.

tldr
Anyone have the old files:

GUI/Scripts Version 1.2
TRIGGERS Version 1.2
ALIASES Version 1.2

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

Maybe try the wayback machine? Longshot I know.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:34 am    Post subject:

Just updated the original post with a new link to download the mpackage, and presumably this link will exist as long as my email does. I too had lost all of those original files and had to re-learn everything for a little bit, and then build it all back out. I think it's better than the first version. Sorry that all of those originals were lost, I hadn't counted on tinyupload going away.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:43 am    Post subject:

WB rexaxle! great to see you back around.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject:

Great to be back! I love playing and contributing. I just put an updated download link on the main post with a quick fix for `clearing windows on re-connect` and fixed the `rxa.list` (commands) to be the same as in the `rxa.help` menu. The windows not clearing on re-connect was frustrating me.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:42 am    Post subject:

In testing some it doesn't seem like `msdp.QUESTOR` or `msdp.HINT` return anything. It would awesome to have QUESTOR if at all possible.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:24 pm    Post subject:

This isn't an update on the current file available for download, just a small update on some progress.

Font size resizing is coming along. The only scrollable boxes are the Chat windows and so this will be a nice feature to have. In addition to that I am going to also give the user the ability to set their own font size for affects/combat/where manually if they choose and have toggleable aliases to choose which of those boxes should receive font size resizing (this would require turning off resize for box first and then setting font size for that box - otherwise the resizing logic would take over). It didn't seem like Chat needed the resizing that much, but if it becomes requested later I can add that in.

Everything appears to be pretty stable and I think more performant with fixes behind the scenes and config optimizations. The Combat window is looking much better and making more sense visually I think to assist on the fly. GUI style updates, lots of little fixes as I noticed things, quickwalking feature, tracking feature, flee and re-enter feature, affects tracker, updated INV and Group tabs to use MSDP variables, fixed regex for captures. Working on getting things evenly spaced in boxes (ex: WHO, WHERE, etc).

Screenshot:
https://ibb.co/x7tBPg5

Last edited by rexaxle on Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:55 am    Post subject:

I pushed a fix for mudlet msdp questor but its a bit weird with reboots, just a heads up about it . Also I think it only sends 3.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: