Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

[2019 Q1] Auction House

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:02 am    Post subject: [2019 Q1] Auction House

Just curious if you guys are currently happy with the utility of the AR auction house? I recall we used to get a lot of negative feedback about it being used to proliferate rares to low levels, although we have not seen the same problems since we implemented unique object id's and Ceridwel went hawkish on it.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject:

Cool

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

Maybe we could make item contracts and the vendors more renown. AH seems okay to me though.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject:

Yeah there was really just the one person as far as I know who was abusing it, and they aren't around anymore. Kind of annoying to be steamrolled by a level 20 wearing winter rares...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I think I was the big proponent of keeping the ability to do that at level 20. I think the game is better for having it. If a guy can spend a ton of time online to get an unfair advantage in a low level niche range it means he can have fun and play competitively without investing a lot of time in ranking a char. If a few players lose level 20 chars to his trashing then they should just gang up and take him out in a group cuz they didn't spend a lot of time either. Even with boss rares it should be hard to get past a guild guardian at level 20. If it isn't we can fix that.

My take on it is that if you can get ganked you should get ganked so having guys get jacked off the AH is desirable. As long as there's no multiing going on, like I don't wanna see a guy show up with some winter rare and the guy who sold it was grouped with his alt in winter.

The reward for spending a bunch of hours online getting eq and risking that eq to another asshole is that you get to be an asshole! Until some other assholes gank you and steal your eq.

You still have the opportunity to not be an asshole, ofc, but then you wield the threat of possibly becoming an asshole randomly at any time.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

oh yeah and also there could be some low level imbalance with certain classes, we could switch up the levels certain skills are granted at and shit to make sure there's no really insane shit going on in a niche range

we haven't been doing that and we're behind on low level pk balance so there could be issues there

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

we worked out level 1-20 in 2016 ish

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: