Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Quests to unlock areas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Quests to unlock areas, good or bad?
Good
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Bad
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Quests to unlock areas

Okay so I have a couple of ideas for quests, but depending on (if you decide to go with it) how the execution of it is, it may result in areas not being unlocked to rank in with a group until after the quest is completed. Just want to get a feel for what the playerbase thinks before I email off the idea to the Immortals.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

You can also post in discreet suggestions. Smile

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I like the quest system they have set up. it is very apparant the amount of time, effort and passion put into it and the quests that go along with it. That being said, I despise doing them. I do the ones I have to do and that's it. It's not fun for me. I don't enjoy exploring and I don't like trying to figure the quests out. Forcing me to do a quest line just to get into an area would be a pretty big turn off for me

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I don't think we need to restrict leveling options. We're trying to make it as accessible as possible. The quests should give EXTRA exp while already ranking there.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

We can't easily support it vertas.

I do like the idea of a quest causing an area to develop and change as a gaming-world experience (i.e. have it develop over various "stages"), but all the rooms should be basically accessible to all players at the same time because of pk. Our Thalos quest has a developing story by introducing temporary mobs that arent aggressive or worth ranking on

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject:

That’s what I initially wanted to do but I didn’t know if you were able to. Is that something you guys are willing to do? That would also solve Olyn’s issue with restricting ranking areas and Tayyah not wanting to do them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: