Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

[2019 Q3] Druid - Enchant Staff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: [2019 Q3] Druid - Enchant Staff

Allow for druids enchant staff weapon type transformation options to match known weapon types to the druid class.

Primarily I'm talking about the exotic, which could be either a whip or flail. I'm not sure if there are any other than staff, mace and exotic but I haven't found one yet.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

hmmm, what is your reasoning? i felt what was provided is adequate. this is not meant to be a versatile class on weapons, the available options for staff were meant to allow 1h / 2h. also theres nothing stopping builders from putting runed whips in the game for druid to use. id prefer that

0 0 0
jugahbu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject:

Sorry, didn’t realize I posted as guest ..

Also - druids are complicated and well developed, so thank you for the time and effort put into them.

The reasoning behind the post was that if a Druid can magically transform his weapon into another type (mace, staff, exotic), then realistically said Druid/Druidess would be able to transform their weapon into alternative types. most likely ones that they are familiar with. Otherwise, I don’t really understand why druids learn whip and flail other than the minor boost to defensive proficiency IF they decide to master it, or even practice it for that matter.. Druids prosper with elemental charges and there is no incentive outside of that, so my point was:

Let the exotic transformation turn into a segment weapon type they know

OR

Add alternative elemental combinations that transformed the weapon into flail and whip

Happy to keep down this trail, and thanks for taking the curiosity to plunge into this idea with me.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject:

I think the idea is that they can use their staff as a one or twohanded shillelagh since both kinds exist irl. The skill used to be called "shillelagh" but I don't know if it still is

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: