Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Skill to trigger magic items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject: Skill to trigger magic items

Originally I thought it would be cool if a mage could trigger magic items, like mushroom necklace, so you dont have to wait until it triggers on its own.

I am not sure if mages need a skill like this, but it would be a great boon for any race/class.

Like trigger the waterfall necklace when thirsty, stone armor for stoneskin, globe for shield, talisman for demonic image. All those things that eventually trigger on their own.

This may put value back into the ring of darkness, if you could trigger ghoul touch at will.

The most extreme example I can think of is the shield that grants sanctuary.

Thoughts?

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject:

I see this as a bad thing, because it would cause limits to be placed on those items. I mean think about the nimbus. It cures you in battle. Yes its the highest of high rares, but being able to activate it manually should consume charges and when empty it is gone. Or maybe we could add something that allows you to refill magical items when they have run out. Something in the tower of high sorcery that you can pay a huge amount of gold or something to charge items, or maybe use shards. And then maybe a fount in a challenge area super hard to get to that costs WAY less.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:59 am    Post subject:

If we let you trigger items, you'd never have to switch out for seashells in winter because everyone has empty barrels. Ah, the good old days.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject:

Waterfall necklaces FTW. Banana

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject:

@Nadrin - the Nimbus is a great example. Being able to cure serious at will could unbalance some things. The nimbus is hard to get and unique, but there are plenty of healing items. I think most are cure light.

So there you are, escaping near death and triggering your elemental amulet over and over again. Before long you are fully healed and ready for round 2.

When originally thought about I was thinking more utility like create food, water or defensive spells, but healing would be a serious boon.

I still think this skill should go to an undesirable class/race. Like creating the illithid artificer, just like an illusionist but without gate duplicate or haste, lol.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject:

The only way I could see something like that working would be implementing charges on the items, and either having them break when they were empty, stop casting those spells, or adding a way to refill the empty items.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

Skill called Manipulate Enchantment or something like that.
Only mages, or Mystics, in their dealing with all the elements and arcane, have the ability to trigger certain items enchantments. This takes quite a bit of concentration and can only be performed once every 8 hours or some other number.

It could be a skill learned at 50 for maybe just mages in general?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: