Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Polar opposite of vampire - plane touched maybe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Polar opposite of vampire - plane touched maybe.

Blessed by light of a righteous being, you have been divinely forged to clense evil.

The thought is everything like a vampire, but the paladin version, complete with taking damage from being out at night, coffin would be praying at small altar or something.

Instead of drinking blood, they bless a corpse, replenishing their inner light.

Oh and stake is automatically mastered and given as racial trait, because I like the concept of staking a vampire being natural to them.

Has anyone ever actually used stake, and what do you think of a creature of light?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I don't particularly like this for two reasons:

1) There is no current lore in AR to support a special celestial anti-vampire race/class.
2) Paladins are already a pretty damn good antithesis to a vampire. They have wrath to hit their vuln and stake if they catch a vamp in a coffin.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

It seems like a lot less coding to just let vampires be good align instead of trying to create an equal "opposite". And it seems to ignore that we have dark-knights to be opposite (and they actually are) to paladins already

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

These are good points, and a good vampire makes about as much sense as a vampire sparkling in daylight. It sounds like there is no need to counter our current undead.

I have not played a paladin in a long time, in the future I will have to check it out.

Gods help us all, I forsee vampire spawn on a darkening horizon.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject:

I think it would be suuuuper cool to play an avian paladin custom raced to an 'Angel'.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

I mean if DK is opposite of Paladin, it sort of makes sense. The argument used to be dwarf pally was ridiculous if we couldn't have duergar dk... We have avian dk, but no avian pally.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: