Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

[2019 Q4] Ore drop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: [2019 Q4] Ore drop

Would be awesome if the golem in grimforge mountain dropped more than 1 ore, even a slight chance to have them drop an extra piece would be cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject:

Why?

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Because even the most badass could not get 50 ore of 1 type in less than 2 hours and that does not guarantee a good item, assuming you have the timing perfect.

Honestly I decided gold and randoms more productive, so I support random amount drop.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Well... From what I recall, Grimforge was specifically designed as a place for gold farming when players have nothing better to do with their time. The ore is just a bonus (some people don't even bother to collect the stuff).

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

I don't even know how the forge works because I've never gotten enough ore to use it. My impression is that it takes so long to get ore that it's more efficient to do loops in lower leveled areas to get money to spend on gambling than it is to try to get ore to make something in the forge. If I remember right it takes 50 ore to take a shot at getting a good item in the forge. If someone wants to claim it's balanced they should run the numbers on how many mobs exist in Grimforge that drop each ore type and how long it takes to repop the zone to figure out how long it really takes to get a good item from the forge and consider whether this is appropriate compared to the risk of losing the item in a pk

does anyone here actually use the forge

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

You can get two ore per wing. Eg gold, silver, platinum. . .etc. Multiply that by the time it takes you to repop 25 times in order to get your number. I'd say the average repop time is 1.5 to 2 mins iirc so you're looking at anywhere between 40 to 50 minutes for one decent item.

Each piece of armor, regardless of wing, eg mithril, silver. . .etc, with 50 ore and a level 50 gem will yield very good stats. The armor piece will be heavy because of the amount of metal it took to create. Silver/gold will have +4 hit/dam and mithril/platinum will have something like 15hp/10saves vs spells with zero cons if you do it perfectly. And even if you don't, you can still augment the armor to reduce the debuff.

On the other hand, if you use only 15 ores per piece you get a marginally worse and much lighter piece of armor. If you do it perfectly, even with 15 ore, iirc, you don't get any negative modifiers to the piece and still have like +3 hit/dam for gold/silver and around 10hp/5 save vs spell for platinum/mithril. It's been a while since I did any forging, but I used to play a lot of paladins and favored full 50 ore pieces.

I don't remember the amount for a full run through the caves, nor the amount of time it takes, but its not very long if you have a high damage character like an illus or a necromancer.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

What’s not to like? You get gold, armor with good stats, and training. Do it at 50 and don’t try to do it all at once. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

It does suck when you have 49 pieces of ore and get full looted though, haha.

There is a very easy and non time consuming way to figure out how many hammer/grips per item.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

I would say the forging process is probably fine. You're getting so many different eggs in that basket. If you can't figure out the proper combination of hammers/grips, then all you need to do is experiment with one-ore items until you figure it out. You don't need to blow 50-ore loads on a hunch.

Rocking a surge and plowing some golems is an easy way to get like 200k gold. That alone is worth it. Not to mention the training as Mikoos says. Hi Mikoos.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Forged armour has the potential to be some of the best in the game, too... I made some really nice pieces as Karea which included 40 hp platinum pieces that only took 1 dexterity (easily dealt with when I augmented that shit). I also made golden and silver items which took one damroll and one hitroll respectively as their only downsides. a +4/-1 golden item of -1/+4 silver item is possible... Compare that with gambled items which also take strength or dexterity.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

The last character I played that had significant time investment wore 2 forged silver pieces that I would swap for forged mithril pieces when fighting mages. My other save gear that I'd swap into was rings and/or necklaces from the winter shop.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: