Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 5 hours.

Lights out anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Lights out anyone?

Good morning. I had recently been thinking about lights. More specifically, how they interact with us here in AR. If there is no light present, and I disarm a mob for example and they don't have infra vision I do not think they should be able to pick up their weapon. Same goes for players, if you can't see it, you can't get it. Also, I noticed that only if a mob is wearing a light does it show in the room and adjacent rooms. But what if the said light was on the ground? If a torch or something is burning and producing light, I should think this would be the case for most if not all light sources. Just a couple of ideas.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

A lot of these rooms, however, have it stated in the descriptions that there is a torch/light/etc of some sort burning, so that might involve actually adding lights to each one. And you have to think most houses/shops/buildings likely just have something burning in general.

And some weapons are glowing/humming, so I can see mobs grabbing those without infravision, but totally get what you're saying about that otherwise.

Those are just my two thoughts as a silly person just likely not realizing what you're trying to say.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Isn't this already the case?

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:26 am    Post subject:

I've dropped torches the ground in unlit and darkened rooms before and nothing happens. No light is being shown in the current room or adjacent rooms when done.

0 0 0
grant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject:

I don't know how to link to old threads, but there's one titled "revamping thieves" and I talked about light levels not being defined well. Dav said he'd look into the issue but I don't think it ever happened.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:03 am    Post subject:

Oh, I think I understand. The issue isn't whether or not light is there or not, it's that ground/environment lighting isn't being counted/tracked properly for the purposes of noticing lights entering/leaving the room?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: