Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Yarbok seems to have lost his portals!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject: Yarbok seems to have lost his portals!

Ruh roh.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Yarbok has decided to suspend sale of the portals due to their instability.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

yes its broke and i didnt have time to find out why so i removed the item temporarily

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject:

i put it back after getting more info

0 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Awesome! You rock!

Fun dimension for solo players.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

One of the Warlords died last time they tried to use it (this was the "new info" that came up), and I think if it wasnt for that, I don't think I would have felt motivated to work on it. It totally caused a dumbass mobdeath and that's great. But that also required a dumbass mistake on their parts. I've put some time into fixing this shit up, hoping we don't need to disable again, but if we run into anything else very tine-consuming to fix we probably will just put it back on hiatus for a little while. And I will make sure you have a good explanation if we do that. Mainly its just making sure you guys have the best quality game to play while we juggle all our priorities and time constraints.

1 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for that.

0 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Be cautious traversing the plains of Winter via portal... you may encounter new foes.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject:

That's exciting and sinister. You know I avoided winter for years because I kept dying a few rooms in. Bring a guide people and good luck.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Are the ghostly wolves in the Mountain Trail/Greginsham Ruins area at all related to this recent fix?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject:

There have been several significant updates to ethereal. A few mobs got hit accidentally by one. I was going to announce all updates in a note, but I found it to be the case that most of our own Imms also dont know very much about the ethereal implementation. I can understand why it wasn't explored much as there were initial warnings about risk of dying of hunger in there. Anyway, so there's much more already unknown than there is for me to actually say.

I was thinking we can probably leak ethereal information out to the Mystics and let them create some special Mystics-only helpfiles which they'll only talk to you about if you befriend them. That way we could keep the mystique about it. I'd like to hear what people think about that.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the report. Recent work on the ethereal plane brought a few incorrectly flagged mobs to light. They're all fixed now.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

I was playing with portals as Jyrdivar and I got stuck. A word of advice, the portals have a time limit and I was I in that realm quite a while. I survived hunger and thirst via barrier, even found a random fairy portal trying to get back and I still had to get outside help for a second time (I am a slow to learn when having fun).

There should be an oh crap exit, but something silly the ring of mushrooms in the vale, and it be like a burning ring of fiery mushrooms on the Ethereal side.

Yarok could have a return mirror, for example.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

Hi Grayden, there is an oh crap exit. That's one of the things I just added. Another thing I did was completely disable aoe'ing people who are ethereal,except for if you do it with faerie fog. I also made fey areas into "tweener" areas where being ethereal is irrelevant to your existence there. That fact alone isnt a way to leave the ether. It is however, a bread crumb. I'll leak some more info a bit later if I feel like it.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

Now I just need a lich so I can explore without the need of food or drink. If I remember right, I could not eat or drink in that state, so create spells were useless.

Exploring is inevitable, thanks for the hard work.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I'll check into that because I know exactly how that should behave, but I'm sure you realize as well as I do the relevance of script-training, that and I already mentioned tweener areas that I encouraged you to visit.

As we develop this, please remember its critically important that we do NOT introduce any changes into ethereal that are impacted by PK adrenaline... not under any circumstances... ever.. it must not happen.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I am not in favor of hiding information from players, especially not gated behind a coterie that's barely active. We should have full documentation available to everyone, especially for major game changers like ethereal.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject:

I am actually torn about spilling all the details and notorious for sharing too much.

As a player I want to know everything and know the rules, but I also like some mystery.

To me it makes sense to not know much about the ethereal plane. Like other fantasy games where you only know the plane you live on and rumors or folklore of the other places. The Feywild for example is the beautiful fairy place always in a twilight but if you are not from there, you lose memory and time, eventually lost and everything you know forgotten.

I like that my experience is already changing, my rumor of not being able to reach the food you create may no longer be true.

It is my opinion that if there is help scroll on the Ethereal plane, only pixies can read it. That way you have to create a pixie. Maybe scaling help files so if you want to fully understand the mechanics, you need to be a level 50 pixie.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

@Vanisse - All this freedom of information talk. Soon we'll just be publishing vamp skills/details.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

@Mikoos learn to read, lol. Vanisse hasn't posted on this thread.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: