Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 8 days, 20 hours.

Cabal economics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Cabal economics

So, hear me out on this one. It’s a long term idea that shouldn’t be implemented overnight.

Cabal businesses that generate currency. The amount is adjusted based on the whims of the cabal leader. The businesses are close to the cabal and not separate areas. Complete with a nice little spot for the cabal leader to feel special.

Warlords - They run an arena that generates currency.

Keepers - A farm plot. I hear weed is popular.

Justice - Bail bondsmen. Exploiting government and addicts for fun and profit.

Legion - Assassins. Duh.

Knights - A “non-profit” organization. Maybe an orphanage or something. Last I heard the Catholic Church has some money.

I’ll touch on a couple coteries although I think they should be left out of this.

Heralds - They should be on the streets begging for coins like starving artists trying to sell their pretty little books.

Mystics - I don’t think they need a business. It’s a little mundane for them as they are all about things magical and religious.

Maybe coteries can invest in a cabal of their choice.

PCs should be mostly left out unless their the cabal leader. Cabals could probably sabotage their enemy though.

Overall it would make the world seem more alive. Give people more motivation to be cabal leaders and of course add flavor text. What’s more exciting than watching a farmer plow dirt? HGTV exists.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

heralds aren't beggars.

1 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Damn. I was gonna roll an Edgar Allan Poe type character who was a bard with an alcoholic problem and lived on the streets occasionally. Ah well.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Hey Mikoos, thanks for typing that out. I have wanted to implement stuff just like this, but was lacking time to fill out ideas. Our original idea is to have the lairs running jobs and creating income at the price of temporarily sending off your merc to do it. We havent done any work on it so theres time to discuss it way more. Doing it for cabals makes just as much sense as lairs.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

The Heralds I have known have generally been awash in coins, not destitute beggars. And most of them (okay, I have known some exceptions to this) have class, which beggars don't.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

@Dav - yeah, I gotta think about it more. I like the idea of cabals being first and foremost in the realms. They’re kind of involved in everything that goes on in their domain. Not a fan of lairs generating money, but there is probably a demand for it. Maybe they could pay a tax to an associated cabal? I don’t want to turn the game into SimCity though.

@Heralds - I made another thread under roleplaying.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject:

if you choose to rp one yourself, yeah ok.. your post said "Heralds should be begging on the street" which suggests that's what you imagine all heralds to be, which i disagree with. you do you

anyway, it's really hard to actually have no money in AR as you can get gold from literally everywhere

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject:

I’m sorry. I also want to point out that Knights shouldn’t be Catholics...but Keepers could probably be drug dealers. Wink

So there are cabal shops that don’t use only gold, but their own currency. Some cabals have an easier time accumulating their own currency than others, but maybe that’s by design.

And really it’s about adding a little non-PK depth for cabal players who are not PKing all the time.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject:

mystics should hoard the secret recipe for strange cigars...

heralds have historically sold books on the street, but maybe they could put them in a shop that sells them for chips.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject:

The sky is the limit. That’s one of the things I like about AR.

I used to think that due to dice rolls AR would never match that of freeform RP. But I was wrong.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: