Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Room changes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Room changes

can you guys please revert the changes from the rooms where the exits are hidden. This is really frustrating and unnecessary. I absolutely hate this change

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Change is totally fine for newbies. Those of us that already know aren't affected by the change.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Please report any rooms that seem unnecessarily hidden and we'll review them.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject:

sometimes you just need to have keen sight active and then use that area to duel in or whatever

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject:

I've come across a few of these rooms and thought the map was broken. This is legitimate feedback Ozaru and thank you for bringing it up.

Last edited by Ceridwel on Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:48 am    Post subject:

when you are walking around the area near oaken beasts and every time you move you feel ur in a no exit room

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject:

I'll have to go play around over there. I have chased several people through there recently and not noticed anything.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

It will take time for the game areas to catch up with the exit code updates, just like they are doing with the lock updates, but the game code has been done right on this.

If you find yourself standing in a no-exit that isnt a no-exit, that is probably because somebody camouflaged both sides of the door, which is dumb if you think about it

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

updated 130 rooms today based on the above statement

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

So I'm about to have a serious strong reaction to this. What in the actual fuck. This shit is nuts I can't stress this enough please please change this back. I can't play without the map and this change has utterly fucked me because when I'm running in pk and I flee and have no fucking clue where I fled to its ass rape. Like sticking a hampster in a ball and shaking it viciously till the hampster stops moving. I usually try to adjust to changes but I draw the line here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

maybe that means you never really properly learned the area, bf.

perhaps we'll lift the fog from darkhaven a bit. i'll think about it. its not very newbie-friendly but i felt ok for darkhaven. it will stay forever on the harpies area. we can try corridors of fog instead of a blanket. i have a different perspective than you because i know the areas blindfolded. Its a little worrying (as a first ager) to hear people are now totally minimap dependant. But I see your concern. Others should have a chance to talk about this.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Somehow it amuses me that an "Elite" player depends so heavily on the minimap. It's fine to use it to learn the areas or if for whatever reason you are lost (teleports can land you in some not so obvious locations like the Dragon Tower, though there are some more obvious locations like Xanthak's room or next to Iggilwiv)... But I would think that it would only take a player one year at most (like it did for me) to really learn most of the common areas well enough to not need the minimap.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

First of all your comment is dumb youre shaming me because I like to use the map a mechanic that is built in game. Mine as well tell everyone they aren't allowed to use prompts either. Also I don't need the map per say it makes it much easier to do things like pk move around I also don't like visual changes to the screen that has been the same for years. Im actually annoyed at the color change on adrenaline in your prompt but I can deal with that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

FYI I can run blinded just anout anywhere as long as I know where I'm at

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

dont mind blackwidow. this raises a very good observation that the game is easier thats all shes trying to express. i'm sure we all agree. cuz its obvious

we'll need discuss this more. That area was built without minimap. bladefury, the fog is intended to convey a feeling of being intimidating, you dont know youre surroundings so you imagine it. as i said, we can probably relax for darkhaven. other than that, i think its pretty much just in the harpies area

p.s. there was a druid spell for the last 2 years that did this

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

So I believe it is more than just the harpies. The murmuring mists north of Valour are shrouded, so unless you know the area (I do) it could be confusing. Heck, I have found that a lot of those shrouded places are good places to go to get away in a pinch.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject:

ah yeah mists too. a good place to do that

alright, does anyone else have any opinions? coz i know people get butthurt if we dont get a chance to complain before i go ahead and do whatever i want anyway
(to clarify this was being said ironically)

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:24 am    Post subject:

It was annoying and disorienting at first because I didn't know what was going on. Not expecting it and no warning=a big fuck you if it would have ended in my death. I came across it as a level 1 wandering around darkhaven checking the pit so I had no negative consequences. This will make the game significantly less user friendly to new people who will still be relying on the map to navigate leaving some very easy out to people who can traverse it. I personally don't care either way, thats just the way I see it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:04 am    Post subject:

ok, it sounds pretty bad so i'll take another look

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:07 am    Post subject:

thought - how cool would it be if some places were shrouded when foggy due to time of day. Like, in the morning near a body of water? fog

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: