Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 5 hours.

Raged Zerkers can't be lagged?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Raged Zerkers can't be lagged?

That's retarded.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Why is it retarded?

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:

because doom

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

It's retarded because raged zerkers put out a fuckton of damage and have some pretty nice skills they can use while raged to fuck you up even more. Roar, headbutt, bodyslam. They're just gonna be fucking you over while you take it up the ass and if they see that they're getting oh shit outdamaged (like, ha) then they have a free relax attempt. Nothing you can do to stop it.

If you're going to make raged zerkers immune to lag, then you should make them unable to lag anyone else.

Granted a straight up trip or bash might not be the best strategy. But the lag generated from other high damage output sources just got pissed on and corpse stomped.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

While raged, a berserker does not feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and it absolutely cannot be stopped until its target is killed.

0 0 1
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject:

That makes no sense. The most crazy bloodlusted individuals can still get tripped up.

2 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Let's make them immune to combat and weapon skills while we're at it.

2 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

They are already basically immune (highly resistant) to bow/arrows, mental and ice while raged.

Can't use ice weapon vs fire serker, can't nuke them with icicle because it does like maims tops. Can't use mental arrows and shit either. Berserk reduces mental vuln quite a lot on top of rage.

I was wielding vuln weapon with 58 damroll vs Krug, if he would have not been tanking triton watchman the whole time and hitting him more than me, I would have not even lasted 5 seconds. He outdamaged me by a mile even with all the gear and vuln difference.

Sure, let's make it so they can't get tripped either, so they have no problem spamming bodyslam which lagged me literally for like 3.5 rounds - wtf?

I wonder if it is a coincidence that there's basically zero decent warriors around and everyone is rolling a berserker instead? Who needs fourth attack if you get it for free with mania? Combined with regen boost, rage for ohshit situations and all the other nice perks like breaking through doors and doing whatever shit more combined with aoe shits like so many shits i cant even write anymore vs warrior who is like hit hit hit hit and pray for fourth attack to work.

When rolling Justice, I honestly considered a warrior, but then I was like:
Serker gets more attacks with mania than you get with 4th attack (chance vs permanent) and gets all the other good stuff like rage.
DK gets nice healing, same sick DPS with unholy strength, summon and a lot of maledictive shit to fuck people up and a triton watchman or whatever mob to tank and harass the shit out of people.
Monk gets far better defense with healing abilities and a lot more versatility and perks.

Tell me again why would anyone bother rolling a warrior besides solely for RP reasons? There's like every dual-parry improving weapon available because nobody really bothers.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject:

The reason of berserkers being "unlaggable" while raged is because they are incapable of fleeing the fight. I'm not sure how you guys miss that this skill is extremely double-edged. If you talk to players who have played berserkers seriously for any length of time, you're bound to hear some good stories about rage.

As far as picking a berserker over a warrior, it is absolutely my goal for the players seeking a conan the barbarian type of experience to prefer a berserker for that. A berserker is a bad ass brute from the wilderness who has regularly fought for survival, and mastered a dangerous fighting style (i.e. rage) which warriors are not allowed to even dabble into. There's no reason why any class should be physically superior to these guys. That said, however, it is my experience that players are just too faint-hearted to play berserkers. They often end up just deleting them. The extra exp cost further puts people off.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject:

But with all the love towards Conans, poor warriors have become second-hand merchandise. Serker who never uses rage is already in many ways superior to warrior, rage is just a cherry on top.

Warriors need some loving touch too to make them somehow more unique than just dual-parrying non-ragable fighters that people now overlook.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I currently agree with m1co. Imho, There is no real reason to pick a warrior when you can play a zerker right now.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

I think you're discounting blind fighting by a lot. The ability to blind fighting as well as use double grip to do a blind weapon switch gives warriors the ability to turn the tables on everyone else

0 1
boo,
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Zerkers just put out so much damage so quickly..coupled with 1300+hp raged, and berserk waiting to be used.. that's just tough.
Literally every zerker vs warrior fight I have seen on scroll back... the zerker is almost effortlessly winning. Recently, I dont recall seeing one really close fight in that match up.
Volgin vs a decked Fynth? Sure.. Volgin used a bugged Xel.. even if it was a slash attacking sword, he would have still easily destroyed him. When I first saw that log, I was like holy fuck... that's the biggest lop sided "clash of the titans" battle I have ever seen.
Zerkers are just big ass beef sticks that can take a ton of damage, and dish out even more... and don't forget about fire zerkers racial legacy as icing on the cake.

1 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Raged berserkers don't have to deal with blind fighting against other warriors because they have defiance.

I thought the trade off for not being able to flee was getting another 500hp, 15 damroll, 5 strength and whatever the fuck else they get. And I've heard the duration of rage has been drastically reduced so they might not even have to deal with the purple fading shit.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Lel, blind fighting, why would you give a flying fuck about blind fighting if you just go rage,bodyslam,get all corpse.

Classes have become unbalanced as fuck.

Serkers - like tow trucks driven by psychotic rednecks
DKs - not even going to bother
Necros - Bind 90% of keyboard to cast sleep target and faceroll until shit gets real
Monks - Stay away from confined spaces and run around until your opponent's food supplies deplete irl
Invokers - "I have too much free time, i just solo the whole game np."

And the rest e.g. "notice me plz" classes are seriously struggling behind.

Maybe ranix should add some skills that he copies from wow to the rest of the classes too so it would be a somewhat balanced PK mud?

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject:

if you keep fucking with me on the forum I'm going to start fucking with you again

this is your final warning

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:

After the berserker does try to rage, even if you didn't bother to do anything else, just flee-murdering is super effective. Because is taking way more damage than usual, and that includes from murders. The warrior class has the strongest murder and with it being one round lag, there is literally nothing better that I could give to warriors that wouldn't be terribly OP. I have seen so many logs where I have seen the players just flee and flee and letting themselves get murdered without fighting back. Yeah, when you do that, you get "ass kicked"

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

When Krug bodyslammed me, I got 3 rounds or maybe even more of lag, drow size vs giant size.

Decked serker will make a mincemeat out of most people during that time, including warriors.

And they can do that instantly after raging, without delay. So it's pretty damn strong and don't forget that murder flee relies heavily on link-difference, rage can a lot of times autohit someone upon entering the room making it double anhhil through sanc which is more than enough NOT to try murder flee even if the guy is not standing in room and spamming murder target.

The damage is just too sick when decked out serker is dual wielding badass weapons with mania running and beyond sick with rage.

Only way to deal with this is to get the fuck off and hide with a powerful mob, granted that you can evade that bodyslam and actually get out.

They were just being constantly buffed and buffed with all the changes and now they are hilariously strong.

Wish Rigwarl was still alive, I'd like to see that shit very much right now.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject:

Stop trying to just fight them toe-to-toe.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: