Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Discussion for looting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

I should point out that I have had rank 50s loot rank 20s because of gear in corpse. Is it less common? sure, but no less annoying. There are 2 sides to this coin.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

So how about allowing looting from in-range people for a limited duration and then opening the field?

This seems to solve the problems of lowbie vulturing. One, all the important shit probably got looted by someone in range so the dead dude has a chance for revenge and redemption. Two, for those insta-quit out cases lowbies will still have an opportunity to snag that fiery dagger of dooom.

There's enough stuff that goes up on the auction house that low guys can farm gold and get a pimp suit. They don't need the ability to full loot a winter geared 50.

0 0 0
Oxyl

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see some sort of restriction put on out-of-range vulturing. It shouldn't be blocked altogether, but something along the lines of the suggestions already made - tick based, or can only pick up one item at a time, etc.

My biggest complaint is the in-range full loot process. It is obvious that in this community there are those that are good at PK, and others that are not. The problem comes in when someone is good at PK *and* is also an asshole, and full-loots/drop all/sac all simply because they can and they get sadistic pleasure out of someone else's suffering. These people know who they are and some of them have already admitted as such in this thread.

An example of an elite PK'er who plays fair when it comes to looting is Uvet. No one can touch her. She kills anyone and everyone. Does she full loot you? NO. That is player and community respect. She'll take your gold, maybe sac a few of your weapons, but she doesn't leave you naked, upset, disgruntled, and worst HATING the fucking game and not wanting to come back. M1c0 on the other hand will freely and openly full loot you just to get sadistic pleasure and be a d!ck. I say this openly because he admitted as such earlier in this thread. There are a handful of other players who probably won't admit they do it but we all know they do and know who they are.

This is not to say there are not situations where a full loot is completely acceptable. I think you should absolutely should be free to choose to full loot in some situations, including (but not limited to):

1) Cabal warfare
2) Some jacktard is interfering with your ranking party during a surge, he attacks you, he dies. Loot the fucker so you can get on with your ranking
3) In fact now that I think about it, any time someone initiates PK against you and you kill them they should expect a full loot.

How would we limit full looting by sadistic asswipes but not from legitimate full looting scenarios? That's a tough one. If Dav agrees, I'm sure he'll figure out a way. Maybe make it adrenaline based. Maybe make it impossible to sacrifice an item for X amount of time after its been picked up off a corpse. I dunno. But I think I'm not alone in stating that there are some players who will full loot just to be a fucking cock and it would be great if that could be hindered somehow.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Oxyl, your entire argument is based on OOC perceptions, not IC behavior. I personally think that IC character behavior should be independent of OOC forces. Obviously it's optimistic to hope that players can separate IC from OOC, but.. a man can dream.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Tl;dr

L2PK

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget about this

Code:

'LOOT' 'LOOTING'
... Below the 30th rank you will be unable to loot a
player corpse blindly (with "all" or numbers), and won't be able to butcher
or soul capture the corpses of those also below 30 ...

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

I think if a low level is full looting a level 50 corpse it's a bit ridiculous. I also think people who accept death, recall, so they are at their corpse might be even more ridiculous.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject:

The thing I have a problem with isn't looting, it's the loot-ee acting like a douchebag after he dies. You invariably get a ton of tells that are completely OOC about how he's going to fuck up your day.

When I was playing the herald DK I would get tells from just about every single person online (that includes some of the people in this very thread) about how I was being reported to the imms for pking with a herald. Every single dude would yell at me in tells and give me shit.

When you kill someone and their ghost is oocing at you that's pretty fucking awful. I'd really like to at least see tell and say stripped from ghosts.

1 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject:

First off, I will say this, Nyc was in the right at the time. Heralds were allowed to PK and with the DK, it fitted the character's RP and profile. They took pride as a Herald and the bartender of the Tavern. So when some character was being 'rude' and spitting everywhere, they took that as disrespect of the Heralds and sought to end it.

The whole bs reason for that guy to start a war with the heralds was because he had his panties in a bunch.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Fuck, again I have to agree with ranix and god knows how it just burns me up inside.

But he does have a valid point. People who cry about vulturing are those cunts who just go blatant ooc rampage after you take their unique weapon.

Same goes with Heralds, when I was pking people with my thief as Herald (Vanisse actually even encouraged me, because heralds were been pussies for a while), they were all like "omg, blasphemy /reported!".

If I would die, then I die, I don't expect good shit to be left and even less I care about being fully sacced, because let's be honest once you lost half of your pimp set and only have shit left then it's over anyway, may as well start from scratch, who gives a fuck that you get to keep your one frost burnt bracelet.

Last time I died with my pimp set with best-in-slot eq in a stupid way to Amira, I had half of that shit left after returning to corpse, I just sacced it myself (including uniques from winter), because why the f not, if im defeated then im defeated, im not gonna cry about my eq.

If you get vultured, then you are either an idiot who duels in Emerald in front of 10 eq-horny noobs exping on rangers or you are an idiot enough to die and deserve to lose your fucking shit, who cares who loots it.

Don't die and if you do, don't cry about your eq, cry about getting rekkt by OP sleep instead, because eq comes and goes while necros will always fuck you up in russian roulette style.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

i think looting is fine. too much emphasis is already put into gear. that said i think under pk range should be 1 item at a time

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

M1co, 99% of my own vulturing occurred when I chased a fight. Not because someone happened to die in front of me.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Emphasis on eq is built into the game.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

You realise that this is going to go both ways guys, that means that once level 20's get a hold of super rare items and things like that, it is going to stay in level 20 circulation, because it will be out of your range, so just think about that as well. and you may say hey they cant get that shit, but I see those items being sold all the time on the AH. so yeah, food for thought

Kato: you see thievery all the time from low scumbags off of higher way more powerful people in every story ever. that is what most of what thievery is. how is that not good rp possibility/reasons?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject:

Disclaimer : I'm just spitballing, and not inclined to actually do anything, but how about this as a rule - if your kill is looted, you (only you) gain the right to attack that player for 10-15 minutes. This is something that could apply to both player killing and supertuff mobs like imbessar. So you probably would not try this unless you're a thief class or able to defend yourself reasonably well (i.e. dont vulture invokers.).

In my day I would have just responded to a vulture by swapping to a character in that guy's PK range, and relentlessly attacked with no prior interaction, with the goal of making him delete. Versus just dispensing some rough justice once. Or hey, maybe the guy didn't loot anything I was inclined to give a shit about. Either way, this solves both my problem and the problem I would've gave him for trying to get a free ride off me

1 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject:

isnt that ooc for killing someone cuz they looted your kill on another character?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject:

you're asking the guy who used to drop a block of cheese and assassinate the person who picked it up then yell "behold the power of cheese" Ozaru

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject:

Logs or it didn't happen.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/109789/message/1013715277/The+Power+of+Cheese

http://www.network54.com/Forum/109789/message/1013794555/Behold!

2 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

that's almost exactly the solution I was asking for in spoon a couple days ago, Davairus -- I love it.

tayyah, it's not thievery that I have a problem with, but the ooc way it's done. The typical instance of vulturing is not like breaking into some rich guy's house while he's gone and looting the place, it's more like walking into a drug cartel's HQ and stealing their piles of cash because you have a magical shield preventing them from shooting you in the head.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: