Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

berserkers beat monks always
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject:

and here's over 300 damage on a murder

Code:
mount mare
You mount a nightmare.

murder duarte
Your cleave MANGLES Duarte!
Your cleave *** DEMOLISHES *** Duarte!
Duarte looks pretty hurt.

Duarte nimbly dodges your cleave with a practiced maneuver.
Duarte's bow bash hits an imperial cityguard.
Duarte's bow bash hits an imperial cityguard.
Duarte is in awful condition.

crazy shit happens when you catch people with their pants down. I don't see anyone complaining when a DK does this, or when a paladin lands 3 hits and a wrath, or when an illusionist's charmies get off a big round, or when a necro's do, or when a thief dual backstabs you, or, or, or

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject:

also btw the guy in your log was dual wielding with no sanc vs a stacked raging berserker with cabal powers up

yes that ends in death. Every time

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

what are you trying to ask, that 250 damage or whatever is possible? yes, and furthermore (this is as true at level 15 as it is at 50), is a fight is not going to last 10 rounds if you both stand and bang unsanced until someone is dead. you can try to get gear to do all the extra damage you want, but there are double kills in the game, and getting that 10 rounds down to 9 is no small order.. Youre hoping to do a full fucking round of damage more than another person, and the flee murdering is what gets you ahead. i think if you guys just spammed trips on each other and see who survives you might be surprised at the outcomes with double kills being implemented. I dont stand and bang with zerkers , especially raged zerkers, I flee murder that sumbitch as much as possible especially when rage is in play, (rage means the berserker can NOT flee murder any more and if he could youd have reason to complain about being in a "losing" position by lazily standing there) if youre not going to do that flee murdering you need to just do significant damage then RUN and hope he stuns on a tick at the very least.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject:

I suggest fixing chain bodyslam finally.

Just recently I ate 6 bodyslams in a row and died from full hp w/o a chance to flee.

Didn't the note say that shit like this is fixed? Davairus had my char logged, feel free to check out the last couple of deaths for proof. Btw, Lutha died the same way.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject:

mico stop causing fucking fire alarms

go test it and bring me some fucking proof in a log because I just wasted an hour digging through code and thinking there was a big fucking problem because some check was commented out and doesn't cause diminishing returns BUT ONLY if you're an immortal

get me a log and file a fucking bug or the next time you say chain bash/trip/bodyslam/throw/whatever is a problem on the forum I'm going to find every single character you own and delete it

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

We have diminishing returns, but bodyslam can cause a really hearty stun.. which its supposed to do. So you actually can chain a few bodyslams, because diminishing returns doesn't immediately annihilate the skill. We did not utterly remove chaining. I think you could be stuck 7 rounds worst case, might be 5 though. I can't remember if we still have up to 4 round lag bodyslams anymore. Tired and trying to think about it isn't working.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

my testing showed it nearly impossible to chain two bodyslams giant vs human or even giant vs human affected by the Shrink spell, so no I don't agree that you can chain a few bodyslams. If you can ever chain 3 bodyslams fire giant vs halfling I'll be extremely surprised

if you get bodyslammed to death because you entered a queued command and the self-lag lets the opponent get another bodyslam off before you recover, that's not in any way the same thing as being chain bodyslammed to death

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Lol wut??? The log I posted I just quaffed an aura potion so u can't be referring to it nyc. Faelon said there's no way possible he did 250 in one round. U said oblits hit around 100??? Nyctora said I'm only used to invoked oblits

I'm saying doesn't the log disprove all of these things?. So we move to next topic or say I had no aura in the log or compare it to Paladins?? divert divert divert.

And u can avoid dual back stabs u can avoid dmg from wrath. the majority of classes can't avoid fury unless u just don't fight.

And Who is surviving 5-7 rounds of 200 dmg

Last edited by ottif on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys understand that fury damage isn't anything special? All it does is takes the hits that you took during the round and adds them into a single hit so the damage looks more badass. That's it. Nothing's changed with the numbers, calculations, or anything else with fury. Instead of saying
Code:
Turd's slash ***DEMIOLISHES*** you. (100)
Turd's slash ***DEMIOLISHES*** you. (100)

It now says
Code:
Turd's slash ===OBLITERATES=== you. (200)

Seriously, nothing's changed. There's no argument here.

I'd estimate the 1st round aggregate damage in the non-zerker log Nyc posted is well above ===OBLITERATES===.

Berserkers hit hard. That's the way it's supposed to be. Take advantage of the situation when they rage.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Please don't misquote what I said. At no point did I maintain that 250 damage a round is impossible. I did, however, say that I didn't do 250 damage a round as an average, as you had previously claimed all berserkers do.

Also - the log you posted is with sanctuary, that portion of Nycticora's statement is wrong, however, the rest is correct. So it isn't possible to simply refute Nyct's statement out of hand.

I know what fight that was. I had around a 60 damage at that point, as well as a 45-50 hitroll. There were also a few other HUGE pieces I am not going to point out, simply because I want to try and not out you as much as possible.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Nycticora, I am simply saying what happened. I thought Davairus could just check up my char's logs.

If it is impossible to get hit by 2x bodyslams in a row then how comes I died from full health with 5-6 bodyslams in a row? It happened, I have no reason to lie, especially when it doesn't even matter to me anymore.

Was simply pointing out that it can still be a really lethal threat.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject:

The opposite is true as well, if someone has backlogged commands. We both know you aren't the only person to get beaten up by lag skills chained together, when the other person is failing flees.

I think that isn't being taken into account. On Voglin, Uvet pulled a neat trick. Lured me into a corner in Elemental Canyon. Just one exit. I attempted to flee murder, while dual wielding with mania up, as that seemed most effective against her. I failed flee about five times for every one time I managed it. If you are trying to flee, you do have a chance for a fail and the commands have a lag time, so if you fail it more then once or twice, then you are going to have a risk of eating another bodyslam/trip/bash/shield slam.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

never said anything about averages actually or mean it. but rage is already a boost to hp and damage. towards the end of a fight 250 seems like a lot for a round but im not trying to complain i gave up with that im just responding to you stating im pulling numbers out of thin air.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject:

did Burzuk nerf flee?

0 0 0
asudan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject:

M1co is correct on this one, chain slams is possible.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject:

yes we know its possible. we all had this discussion several weeks ago, nobody seems to remember it. if we dont want stuns to work on an already-downed opponent at all, that can also easily be arranged.its less optimal to actually "spam' bodyslams than to wait until they stand up, however. so lag skills will end up stronger because players will be using them more smartly. Personally I dont think this is a very good idea.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

there was actually a very serious bug causing a chance (not a certainty) of having double chain lag duration.

reporting bugs through the issues command would be better, m1co.. they get fixed quicker. and there will be a permanent record that you reported it

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I don't have a char to post issues with, after ranix blatantly denied my legion app w/o a reason, i just deleted. I really don't bother playing a game which is semi-run by someone who bases their in-game decisions on ooc grudges.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't know anything about that, but here's where you can report issues out of game:

http://abandonedrealms.com/issues/

0 1
boo,
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject:

this is the entirety of thought that went into denying your application

you are not entitled to have every character caballed just because you rolled one and sent an application

I'm going to delete all your characters

Code:
application read 455
[455] Fohzarsh: Want
Tue Jun 16 00:32:20 2015
To: Legion
Legion of Dark Lord, Fohzarsh say hello!

Fohzarsh has strong arm, not gifted via birth, but taken by force.  Fohzarsh
took it, it was not meant to be, but Fohzarsh take anyway.  Now want more
things, but most want power!  Momma always said, Fohzarsh ugly, Fohzarsh not
worthy, but Fohzarsh proven her Fohzarsh IS worthy!  Momma dead, can no
longer say such thing!  Fohzarsh see, Fohzarsh want, Fohzarsh take!

Most want is serve Dark Lord, gain power with servitude, yes..  Yes...  Yes!
Much power!

Let Fohzarsh serve, Fohzarsh take Serin and give to Darkhan, Fohzarsh promis!

Signed,
Me, Fohzarsh. Shaman Fohzarsh, no dwarf, is duergar!

application deny fohzarsh

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: