Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Customer Satisfaction Survey
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your thing?
We need more players, and I'm not playing till we get some!
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
I like to play from anywhere, and you're website doesn't support that
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
The people who play are cyber bullies and steal the fun out of things
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I'd really just like to adventure and roleplay, and being forced to fight pushes me away
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
I'm just bored (if so, please provide why below - read disclaimer)
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Other (please please please read disclaimer)
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Customer Satisfaction Survey

I'm trying to get an overall feeling of our current morale throughout the realms and playerbase and I'd like to get some constructive feedback on how you guys are feeling out there and things you might feel like you want/need to make you more involved in the game. Please note that any trolling or flaming is not welcomed - I'm looking for constructive, not a complaint fest. Also remember my range of influence is limited, but I'd like to be a caveat between the players and the Immortals.

Disclaimer: Know that all things must be discussed in detail with sufficient justifiable evidence. I.E - provide a respective argument. We are all on the same team here - so I ask we please act like it.

0 0 0
gomerstyle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I really have no problems with ar the way it is right now, I do think we need to find way's to get the playerbase up again because things to get kind of stale with the same players over and over. Also i think even though the heralds aren't around much (or at all) having some events going on, i think that would liven things up a little and give people something else to look forward to besides the upcoming surge. All in all this is a great place with some great people now we just have to be able to keep sharing it and gaining the playerbase it deserves.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Cyber bullying is a huge turnoff. And it is usually not the people who are being bullied that leave it is people watching in disgust that never complain about it but just quietly leave.

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I could not cast my vote, since the "This place is awesome, and all the people who are a part of it, assholes and awesomes alike, make this a fun place, and thanks for giving me a place to hide from the brutality of "reality"" So, there's my vote. AR kicks ass, even when I am being rudely reamed, or watching people complain ungratefully about things that are of small concern. P.S. LOL at cyber bullies!!! P.P.S I voted other, that covers my stance.

Last edited by Kornhole on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

@Ottif - I deleted the last line of your comment because it's a quick job at Nyc which isn't what I'm looking for. We all know you have beef with him but I'm looking for constructive criticism that doesn't aim at calling people out, or bashing on people.

0 1
boo,
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject:

My biggest gripe has been cabal induction times. My last three characters I deleted after 40 + hours of full training rping with who ever was in that cabal only to sit at lvl 25 or level 40 for at least a week after application. Once I got tired of waiting and honestly I'd rather just play dota I would log in with a trash character and I would see the same 5 people training their life away and never the cabal leader or imm I would be waiting for. Maybe 2 weeks after that I would see someone that could induct me. For me if you made more of an auto induct through a quest and full status would be given at 50 by mortal or immortal leader that would be beneficial to at least me and maybe others in the pbase.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject:

I voted other

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Beef? If you all know that you know something i don't. Wasn't taking a jab he does it all the time. Just to ozaru like a day or two ago. You asked for evidence I gave it. I do not have beef with anyone in a game. if I saw him in person id give him a big hug for all the effort he puts into ar regardless of his homophobic slurs and the fact I dont like a lot of his ideas. But please censor my posts further proving my underlying point.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I voted other, mainly because, it is a pain to just sit there, with the same people training over and over, I think that you shouldn't be able to master things until you're at 50. Maybe give it 5 percent per every so many levels? like 75% baseline, then work it up from there. Because when you do have the same people training over and over, and they don't do anything else, it gets dull, fast. And its not fun. That or remove the training dummy and they have to go back to training on mobs.

0 0 0
xanthas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject:

andrael - wtf? seriously, wtf? there is nothing wrong with some folks being training junkies. it's always been this way and, hopefully, it will always be this way.... wtf man/woman? Sad

i'd like to see more effort put into things that matter such as getting more players or hell, druids. or we can continue to endure more tweaks to mechanics that were fine to begin with.

1 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject:

Personally, I just wish there were other things to do to pass time aside from the quests or maybe just more of them, because at some point you just can't do them solo anymore or you just run out of quests to do. So you end up just sitting around doing nothing, which if I'm running afk back and forth isn't the worst thing i suppose, while waiting for others to come around.

Knights/Legion can steal each others items all day while the others aren't online.

Warlords just chill for duels, unless you're a monk and can run around solo'ing the whole game.

Justice hangs out in town and hopes for someone to be wielding a wild weapon so they can dish out fines.

Mystics can actually run around identifying things for the codex, so I guess they have something.-Other people can do this too, but not as easily

Heralds used to be able to run around interviewing people, maybe spread some lies, make up some stories and start some fires, but they are relatively nonexistent.

Uncaballed/Others can kinda do some of the above mentioned.

So in conclusion. What can we do when there isn't other people online to RP with or run around killing each other? If I had any ideas I wouldn't hesitate to throw them out, but I'm not creative. Sad

0 0 0
ewils03

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject:

Once a character is a member of a cabal, always a member. The only way they should be kicked is by dishonoring that cabal or they go inactive. Their rank in that cabal is up to their leaders. Rayor's right, though, about Knight and Legion just raiding each other and I've talked about a pendulum swinging between Knight (good) and Legion (evil) power, and nothing really happens in between. Keepers come about when one side gets real heavy, but that's about it.. we don't get any actual wars going with Warlords or the Justice or the Keepers, it's always that pendulum swing from Legion to Knight. Last time Justice had any dynamic was when Darzan and his monkey Korvut were pissing everyone off but still enforcing the law, as only a corrupt evil would do and it was done with disgusting beauty, and now the Warlords are set to rock Serin with a simple change that could affect the status quo. Some things are simply needed to be RPed out to see what happens, rather than blow up the forums.

Also, I can't speak for the Heralds, but the Mystics do really have a thankless job keeping up with lore and that codex. Who of us doesn't use that codex? I've known Mystics to form parties JUST to get high-end items into the codex.. even to make sure they're still updated.. usually someone in the party could use it, but that Mystic got it all together for the purpose of getting it updated in the codex for us all.

0 0 0
ewils03

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject:

I think Andrael is on a good track, to be honest. About masteries? Maybe not "can only master at lvl 50" but maybe can only use armor or weapons 3-5 levels above you. We've all felt the pain Andrael's talking about and I'm not the only one who has actually quit characters because I'm trying to get along but here's a 30 that's mastered in everything wearing 50 gear just running around blasting people. Or a 42 grouping up with 50s to get them armor while they sit there at 42 and blast 40s. It feels good for those jerkasses, but that does lose some good characters.

0 1
boo,
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject:

It seems we have still not succeeded in pissing absolutely everybody off. We will double our efforts.

2 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject:

i dont think that will be nearly enough efforts

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I voted other, because I am not complaining. I am happy where things are. the Imm staff is constantly working on improving the game. Yeah there were a couple of things that could have been handled a little differently but overall things are good. Thanks for all the hard work Imm Staff!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject:

PR is the new marketing

0 0 0
grant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't usually pipe up, but I thought this was turning into a great thread. Been playing on and off for easily 10+ years now myself, and I think AR has come a long way in terms of complexity and balance, and for that I applaud the staff.

I've seen some really great interaction between staff and players in terms of RP, even despite dwindling player base numbers. And that is an area where I think everyone agrees we could grow, in number of players.

But if I could sum up my request in one way, it would be to work on end game content. If I kill Xanthak and all his minions as part of a quest, I would like more than a couple relics as a reward. If I'm lucky enough to get into a group to kill Order or the Chaos Dragon or Zaikkra, I want random items shooting out of their asses Borderlands-style.

Let's revamp quest rewards at endgame. Let's see more randomized loot, let's see more items that cast spells. Let's leave specialized races and religious favors and special abilities for endgame, and try to really promote keeping those amazing and memorable characters longer. It might really be positive for new and old players alike because it gives us more to look forward to than trying to get into the HOE for vamps.

0 0 0
grant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for the double post, but I'm at work, working hard obviously. Anyway, here's some semi coherent ideas at a glance:

-IMMs grant RP points that go toward a list of player rewards. Ie: races, religious favors, abilities.

-Revamp quest reward system, maybe more geared towards equipment. Could tie in some sort of imbue in system to it to make cooler items.

-Exploding ultra bosses as per my last post. Because.

-Change existing rare/unique system as per above and color coordinate it for easy reasons to PK /gangbang someone.

-More world events such as Fell/abyssal invasion, possibly tied into the hardest quests.

-Expand areas with secrets and treasure troves. Or just expand them altogether. As a Mystic, my biggest gripe was trying to write lore for an area, only to find out that there was jack shit to learn there. Like why is there a tower in the middle of the Tainted Valley? And why can't I get in there? Why does Escismir E'gal have so little in the way of things to find and do when it's such a bitch to get into?

These are the types of things that make ME want to play more. I got lucky enough to play a small part in the Mkatos/Gaelyn/Vella stuff, and that was some of the most fun I've ever had. But that took a ton of interaction from Nycticora and others, and I think there are ways to implement this sort of fun in more automated ways to take the pressure off the staff.

0 0 0
grant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

Screw it. I'm going for a hat trick.

Several years ago, who was doing Mudfall Guardian runs? Who was using the Wyvern Tower secret room? If I was seeing these secrets being exploited or noticed they were no longer secrets, the first thing I would do is change them. Make it more difficult. We have some brilliant minds here at AR, and we all love puzzles and mystery.

Once I got a poem from fishing, and I figured out I had to deliver it to the wizard in Old Thalos, and I was so excited I figured it out. Only to get basically a thank you as a reward. These are the types of things that can be improved upon. Add a room here and there to level 50 areas.

Shadun is boring. Underworld is boring. Escismir is boring. Tainted Valley is boring. Mudfall is boring. Armageddon is boring. Basically, you got Redhorne which is kinda cool but not really, Winter, and Zodiac Island as valid level 50 areas with some secrets and stuff to explore.

And now I'm gonna out myself on semi recent chars so you know I have a little experience.

Urduusk (elf healer)
Urvir (dwarf healer mystic)
Stroud (human paladin noble)
Solarius (human illusionist noble)
Ryul (elf ranger outcast)
Wulfe (dwarf healer mystic)
Mamemaphasra (quasit illusionist) haha Faelon and Kato. Love you guys.
Hamund (human monk warlord)

Lots of others too, but I get bored at 50. What can I say that I already haven't?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: