Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

Overpowered-ness/Winter Equipment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blyx Foulwing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Overpowered-ness/Winter Equipment

I was glancing over at the monk parrying subject, and decided to post my two cents here because I go into topic of the whole monk class, unfortunately I am not much a monk buff but I'm curious to see others responses about monks and invokers.

Those seem to be two classes that can solo all of Winter right now with absolutely no help from anyone else. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of an area you are suppose to overcome with a group? Now I am beginning to see
that monks do have their weaknesses, and invokers, but their solo'ing I could see killing interaction. Illusionists could be capable of doing the same, it seems like the classes you touch are out morphing the general land. Winter has become an afterthought kind of, and it would be exciting to hunt in groups again and actually have a challenge with an area.

It's not really an issue, if anything, it's a luxury. The AH is constantly littered with goodies those lower lvls would alternatively never see, and it's even become a safehouse to guard items you need to unlock mobs.
My concern is certain classes solo'ing all of Winter, is it meant to be?
The other concern is how easily items are attainable these days, especially if a one man army has joined your group. Thoughts?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

I have heard groq say he has solod everything with a giant as well, which is neither of those classes

1 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

You can do it solo with almost any class, just takes times, dedication and with ones that can't heal/mitigate damage as much as invokers/monks, it is all about luck... especially in blood.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Pfft. Faction of magic. That place blows.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject:

Toughest place imo is the Faction of Steel. Gonturan's platform.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject:

Huh. I think it's funny how the opinions of this vary. I've done the faction of steel with two (on Waschen with a Paladin as a reckoning healer) and it was pretty simple. I've never tried solo, tbh. We then tried faction of magic and I died almost immediately.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

I've solo'ed Underworld, Gasteride, Redhorne, Faction of Blood, Faction of Steel and the five Elder Dragons. I'm currently working on the rest of Winter.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

Just some food for thought.

Winter was intended for four people to conquer, as you can see from the sign posted outside it, but it wasn't actually created that way. Its all been done by edge-case groups like two healers in mystics (cabal power helped), and also by 2 man warlord groups.. and its been cleared by funny bugs like insomnia and mana-less counter preventing mob initiation

I expect most classes can easily solo winter bosses (including bards), but can't make it through the trash mobs on their own. I can't think of classes that can clear trash by themselves as a rule. Invokers with barrier, ok. Monks with self-healing and good defenses, ok. Those might be a problem. But I don't think if we removed every rough thug, elder thief and underling footpad from evermore tomorrow, that it would necessarily ruin the place either. The concept of wading through lots of pointless mobs is an outdated one. Most of the exploity ways winter were done were creative ways to get around the trash (and to the loot).

The stuff w/ invoker and monks is probably PK stuff creeping into mob fighting. Like barrier or whatever. You should post exactly how it is being done so we can have a proper look at it.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

I like all the trash mobs in winter though. Gives me tons of gold every time I go through. Sometimes I'll do winter runs just for the gold alone.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: