Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Cabal wars and conflicts of interest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you guys prefer having multiple caballed chars or would you be willing to give it up for the sake of more complex cabal interactions?
I like having diverse active caballed chars
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
I don't mind limiting caballed chars for RP expansion
64%
 64%  [ 20 ]
I don't care either way is fine
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 31

Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Cabal wars and conflicts of interest

Hi folks, just wondering what your thoughts are about having multiple caballed chars involved in opposing sides of wars. The imms are thinking about developing deeper cabal RP storyline but there are some things that don't work if you have ooc knowledge of multiple sides (in particular, the element of surprise). If you can let me know why you would prefer one way or another from the players perspective, that would be really helpful. Thanks!

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I don't really mind when they're level 1 or 2 in the cabal but it becomes a problem when they're a ranking member of a different cabal and I need to promote them to 3 or above

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Iirc the reason we allow two is so you can rank up your squire while you phase out your Forsaken. 1 plus 1 applicant seems reasonable enough to me.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:

I think it would be cool to have more organization as far as cabal war goes..I think only one char aloud for each person in a cabal because of conflicting interest. I also think it would be awesome to be able to plan a sneak attack where a high ranking member sends a mass note to all the members they all meet up and go gank the opposing cabal. it would also be cool to have PRE-planned wars like two leaders agree to meet on such and such date with whatever members are willing to do battle and a mass war would start. I do think it needs work but would be fun
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Knight, Legion, Keeper and Justice should be limited to 1 active character per account. Those are all cabals that require a significant commitment in time and effort, so I don't even see how someone could be playing characters in more than one at a time and doing a good job.

Mystics, Heralds, Nobles can have as many characters as you want. Maybe that would encourage some vets to roll a Mystic or a Herald instead of trying to get into another one of the main cabals.

I'm not sure about Warlords though. If they started doing anything important I would put them in the first category, but as they stand right now all they do is duels to the stun.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject:

have to be careful about mystic herald and noble too, since cabal affiliates get to see cabal notes. but yes i agree

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

I agree that we should only be able to have 1 cabal per player, I asked for this to happen so long ago. I am glad it is in the attention of the Immortals now. I got shot down pretty hard and I am going to dig up the post to see if people still feel the same way as they did then.

So if this is made a rule, what would happen to players who have more than 1 cabal character? They would be forced to pick which one they want to play and the others would be removed from Cabals?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject:

I thought this was the case a long time ago and that it got changed.

But I support having one cabal character at a time. I think it will actually make cabal warfare more equitable because you are not able to flip flop to your alt t00ns when the power dynamic shifts against you. This will lead to people more committed to their cabal or just deleting all the time to switch sides.

And if people delete their cabal duders all the time, they'll have to rank again which will help the lowbies out. Because I know I usually roll with just one level 50 at a time so there are months long periods where I'm not ranking anybody up cause I'm chilling at 50 waiting to thiefy hellstream you.

Also, I do I agree that the ooc knowledge is a huge factor when you have multiple t00ns. It's a pretty big deal to know both the roster and the rank of all members not to mention having access to the help files for their cabal skills. So if new skills get added, you could get wtf surprised by those which I think is good.

Edit -- I do think the poll's verbiage is a bit imprecise to act as a barometer on the prevailing sentiments of the playerbase.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject:

What happens to people who are already playing toons in multiple cabals?

Its a question that needs to be answered...

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject:

My opinion is it should be one in a Cabal and if you want, one in a Coterie. I think that's the way I have always played it out, personally. But if you literally have something like a Legion and any other cabal, really, I think you're just playing the shifts, while also knowing who might be in there. I specifically brought up Legion since they aren't required to let people know they are one.

I do think something like that, however, would kill the more neutral Cabals more than they already are(Warlords/Justice) and might make something like Keepers more exciting. Maybe I'm wrong, but just my thought.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject:

I also am just wondering is this an issue right now? Do we have many players playing different cabals because if so.. It is hard to tell when max 14 players log on at once a day, and out of those 14 maybe only 5 are level 50, if even that.

I know I am not the only one guilty of logging in, seeing no other level 50s on, waiting about 30 mins to an hour, if no one shows up, logging out and playing ps4.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject:

Dav, don't do anything. Just don't allow anyone else to join multiple cabals in the future. Eventually those with more than 1 caballed characters will delete or stop playing one of those characters and the problem will fix itself.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:

"What happens to people who are already playing toons in multiple cabals?

Its a question that needs to be answered.."

Dav: If this restriction is implemented, what about putting a message out to all that it is implemented and the individual can get the Imms or their cabal leaders to demote them to rank 1 or rank 2 and stay that way for the time being? Sounds better than a forced delete?

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject:

I like Divsky idea, make it a rule now and let the ones that have multiple phase themselves out slowly.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject:

Then all cabal mortal leaders should be able to kick inactive players. Not see anyone for a month? Boot hammer.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject:

No, Divsky, I am in support of forcing those with multiple caballeds to retire one.

We don't need the possibility of more engagement in this game pushed out later because of this. I think that you can tell by the poll results that everyone agrees we are willing to do what it takes to be more engaged.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject:

Yeah but not all inactive players are playing multiple cabals. Some have real life, some are likely IMMS making our game better for us. Can't just kick them out and then when they want to come play a cabal, they can't. We have the inactive deletion thingy for a reason.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject:

"No, Divsky, I am in support of forcing those with multiple caballeds to retire one."

Kento: I am definitely not in support of forcing people to retire their multi caballed characters because they could have indeed put in 120hours a month spread out over 2 caballed characters and they have the required engagement and requirement for each caballed character. Not a good idea to force delete just for that ONE reason that they have more than one caballed member.

I support Divsky's idea to let it phase out naturally or an alternative is just to demote.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject:

yeah i do remember when there was only one caballed char allowed, and that it was changed. at that time, it was to accommodate a lower pb, with the worry that one cabal char per person distributed across small pb meant less cabal members meaning less warfare and less fun for everyone. this is still something to think about.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject:

damn I agree 100% with everything beia is saying and he is completely on point

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: