Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Cabal wars and conflicts of interest
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you guys prefer having multiple caballed chars or would you be willing to give it up for the sake of more complex cabal interactions?
I like having diverse active caballed chars
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
I don't mind limiting caballed chars for RP expansion
64%
 64%  [ 20 ]
I don't care either way is fine
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 31

tayyah

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I really like the idea of this, I was appalled at the idea at first. I only seen the other poll that asked just straight up yes or no to one cabal char. Seeing this, I think this is a great idea.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject:

If we wait for them to decease 'naturally,' it could be an indefinite process and put this whole thing off that much longer. In truth, I bet anyone that has two caballeds would be willing to step one of them down in favor of overall game progress.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

That is true, Dav what are you thinking about this subject? Lots of ideas floating around.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject:

There is only so much that the Imms can really do, and tracking people is one of the most frustrating and difficult things that leads to Imms being angry at all players after a while. That is my opinion. I think I would be happy if we implement one caballed character per account and let autoinduct scripts / induct commands check. Of course that is totally OOC unless accounts are restyled as bloodlines or something. Which I'm also ok with..

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I am totally against people have more than one cabal character. I have done this many times, and I have only ever had negatives because of it. One character usually gets neglected for the other, or you end up killing your cabal mates from your other character and screwing yourself because they deleted and now you are alone in the other cabal... I am all for restricting cabal characters. I do think that people who have characters in several cabals should be forced to pick one and retire the rest. An applicant is fine for when you are getting ready to switch but you should not be able to be inducted till the other character is gone.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject:

We could require all Cabal characters to verify with a forum ID and have an IP address check or something. If it is implemented it will be a rule and there will be punishments for those who break the rule. We might see some deletions but I'm sure it won't be to bad.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject:

One of the agreements was that there would be no penalty for not verifying your account. We check account for certain benefits (such as auto-induct checking for reputable), but we won't deny a core game experience because someone doesn't register on the forums.

All we can do is add more carrot to only having one caballed character.

1 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject:

Vev, associating your character to a forum account is already required for cabal applicants and has been for a while now. Years maybe.

See HELP CABAL APPLICATION

Code:
Before sending an application you must have completed the following:
* Your character's physical appearance, defined by your DESCRIPTION
* Your character's role, defined by your BACKGROUND
* VERIFY your character to your forum account <<-----------------------<<
* Read the cabal's helpfile, e.g. HELP KNIGHT
* Saved enough gold to pay the application fee of 20,000 coins

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject:

What? Since when?

I object.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

I believe its not JUST so that autoinduct can pull the reputable honor from their older character and verify they aren't a dipshit, but that also we just chose to do it for everyone. Maybe you just weren't playing AR at the time. You need to play AR every day.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I know it was for auto induct but I didn't think I was for regular induct. If it's not, can we fix the help file that says it is?

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject:

If forced deletion is implemented, wouldn't it be unfair for those who have spent so many hours in those caballed characters?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject:

we're not going to force anyone to delete

0 0 0
Blyx Foulwing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I am all for one caballed character per account. Cabals and Coteries can only benefit from this, and while some may find it disappointing, think about how this could totally help establish Cabals in the long run. For if people are choosing sides, all their creativity and efforts are generally going to be channeled into that character, and hopefully that'll make for some good interactions and encounters, thus while eliminating the option of the 'ol notorious switcharoo between caballed alts.

One thing I would probably like to see with Heralds and even Mystics is having to obtain some credibility within the Coteries before becoming eligible enough to be appointed to any individual Cabal. And a good way to do that is simply reach the 3rd inner rank or higher of the Coterie. So then we can say any appointed Coterie member counts as your one Caballed. This might thin out the Cabals and Coteries even further but everyone will be dedicated to them, and re-establishing foundations, leaving room for growth and opportunities.

So those are my thoughts!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: