Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

[2018 Q3] Max Time Length on Auction

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: [2018 Q3] Max Time Length on Auction

Would it be possible to set some kind of limit on the maximum amount of time you can put an item on auction? It's seem like people set some absurd amount like 12 hours so they can log back in later to make sure they don't miss out on collecting the gold.

Perhaps auctioning an item should require the player to be logged in and present, otherwise if they quit the item expires and can be bought immediately at no benefit to the auctioneer.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I don't know how its working nowadays, but is there a listing fee based on the duration? And that fee is lost if you actually sell it, it becomes a transfer fee. That may have not been implemented but I did think about that case way back when too.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

The listing fee was normally tied to how much you auction it for. Having the listing fee tied to auction length would help solve OP's issue.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

OK then lets just do that.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject:

Personally I think that you can't list something and leave when something is auctioned, or risk missing out on the gold is lame. I'd rather have a work around than no work around.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

Those fees are returned unless the items sold so no problem Faelon.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

Even when you have the 12 hour duration, when you bid large, it buys out the item and the countdown begins.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong (it's early), but it still doesn't feel like that solution would disincentives a player or prevents them from auctioning items for ridiculously long period of time. I'm talking 6 hours here..

It's why I was suggesting something like the item's duration cutting down to 10-15 minutes IF the player quits the game OR we could have it to where the player loses the listing fee if they log out.

Just spitballing here.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

thieves should be able to risk getting WANTED to steal it if it's been sitting and the auctioneer is offline

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Is the symptom the time or rather the limit on the number of items that can be auctioned at a time? If that is the case then there are some solutions to that...also taking into consideration one of the other comments, would the following things make auctioning in general a better experience for the user?

1. Up the number of items that can be auction at a time (active on the auction channel)
2. Up the number of items that can be held by the auctioneer.
3. Increase the time that the person who successfully auctions an item can collect their coin

Possible:
1. Tie auction length to a fee
2. Give partial money (rather than full) to person who successfully auctioned an item but was not logged in.
3. Pay an insurance fee (like blackjack) where if you did sell an item but were not logged on, if you paid a fee you collected some % that was less than 100% of the fully auctioned price.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I am not clear on what change needs to be made here, and will not be addressing this in the Q3 patch unless a clear request is made.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: