Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 20 hours.

rare purging
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject:

nobody knew what you were talking about in chat when you were saying the game didn't reboot after the purge

afaik there has never been a monthly scheduled reboot

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject:

I remember challenging you to a duel a couple of times as Trinne and never getting a single response Lorne. Also as Pwet when you would just sit in your guild and not come out. Sad All is fair though, but you were a master hoarder in your day. Let's not pretend.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Let's also not pretend you have the high ground since you didn't attack him anyway. You just challenged him so you could shame him on the forum.

0 0 1
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject:

How does hiding in your guild do anything at level 50? At level 50 the guild guardian is barely a speed bump

1 0 0
Slogosh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I think it also takes into account how long you don't log in even if you have many hours. I am ruined. It might also work like keeper power. If you have too many, you are more likely purged. 16 hours one character only a few low rares no purge, 56 hours another character many good rares, purge.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject:

That's crazy. I'll go on record to say it's less than 56 hours to keep your rares monthly. Smile

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject:

In all fairness. I'm lucky if I can squeeze in an hour a day anymore. I don't hoard, since I really only have one actual character I put time in. It sucks that I get purged out a decent amount, it's out of my control, but I understand the reasoning. The reasoning is, so many people will get these items, and never log on their character afterwards, whether it be fear of losing it or a "I MIGHT log on THIS character later". Unfortunately there are people who have 5-10 relatively active characters, who can keep making the cuts and doing this, who somewhat ruin it for the others. I have trouble keeping one character active enough.

An hour a day, if you can manage, still only gets you 30ish hours a month, and that would be on one character. If you have a lowbie you wanna try to keep up as well, it's even less. Figure, I have a tiny bit of a life outside work/AR, so my 1ish free hour after work occasionally gets used up on other things. If you're in a cabal you likely can't just find a safe place to hang out and AFK to meet your hours.

It is what it is, as someone who gets their shit taken enough, I'm okay with it.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject:

Rayor, just take Olyn's advice and verify your character with a forum account. You have about 30 days in a month, and if you actually do put in an hour or so every day, you will realise that you met the hours sooner than you expected.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject:

Those of you who aren't sure what's being talked about, click this link! http://abandonedrealms.com/dashboard.php

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Like I said, I don't have a problem with it. I understand my situation. Sometimes I can meet the time, sometimes I can't. Usually when I can't it's because I'm out of town working for a week, and hotel internet sucks, so I won't log in. I log on as much as I can every month and that's all I can do.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I have another question.

So when our toons without the required hours get "PURGED" of there rares. These rares are just sitting in LIMBO until Dav or Olyn decide to reboot and put them back into the game?

0 0 0
asudan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject:

one verified can never escape the eternal eye.

2 0 0
Slogosh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

If you can use dashboard to test the system and find exactly required hours, can't it just be told to us? If rare purge timer is supposed to be hidden so people can't game the system, dashboard active status makes it easy to find the right time?

I don't know how the system works other than hour limit, but I logged in too late maybe and lost half of items to purge. I have to keep better track personally because I won't use verify and try to sell rares for good gambled items more.

Rayor you made a point about more characters others play. It is true that a person who has less time to spend will get inferior results. The same way I read surge was put in a long time ago to give people who have less time to play the ability to keep up with others, but it doesn't if guild rewards and overlords are involved for people who play longer and hang around to group with others who have those rewards. What I mean is that people who have longer to play will always be ahead, in rares, in skill %, in ranks.

If they can afford to play many characters enough to keep rares, do they deserve to keep them for putting in the time or do they deserve to be stripped for keeping rares out of hands of players who can't afford to spend as long?

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand why this is still a discussion. Back in the day, the answer to this question was always just play some more and you won't get purged.

You already have alot of info as to the amount of time you need to keep your rares. VERIFY your account. It is...so...easy. Stop complaining and use verify. Use the god damn verify.

Has nothing to do with the amount of rares you got, if you played 56 hours and lost all your rares either you or the algorithm is lying.

People who play more and spend more time in the game....on ANY game will always reap more of the benefits. Take any game in existence. The ones that put more time in it will most likely know the game better, know where to find better eq/keep the eq and be ultimately stronger. If you play less, you don't deserve to be on the same level as the guy that played 10x more then you.

I mean it's not like you're a total gimp with no rewards, takes about 30 mins to get a set and a few decent weapons and you got a fighting chance.

Last edited by Lorne on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Slogosh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Sorry wasn't a complaint, just a statement. Maybe the 56 hours were all in the previous month somehow. I will just keep better personal track.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject:

lots of players don't want to use verify and make new accounts because they think the imms won't be able to know who they are if they do (they're wrong)

0 0 0
DigitalText

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject:

Lorne wrote:
VERIFY your account. It is...so...easy. Stop complaining and use verify. Use the god damn verify.

rofl

Nycticora wrote:
lots of players don't want to use verify and make new accounts because they think the imms won't be able to know who they are if they do (they're wrong)

..and so it was, that many foreheads had a reunion with a desk.

1 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:20 am    Post subject:

Man, don't listen to them. They just want you to be part of the system. And they're just using rares to lure you in. Soon they'll want to know your blood type. Trust me, man. I know. I know.

2 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject:

We already know your blood type. And what you did last summer.

0 0 0
varliv
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject:

I swear she was of age. she told me she logged the hours she needed for rares so I was like Twisted Evil lets do this

2 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: