Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 20 hours.

Ivindel's Warrior Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivindel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject:

That is part of the strategy. If you stash your weapons, you are essentially losing the use of them in fights. Why should you not be allowed to stash them prior to fights, especially against thieves who will ultimately steal all of them from you in the first place. You keep on you what you need to use, with the risk of your stashed weapons being picked up/stolen while at the same time limiting your range of weaponry in combat.

There are pros and cons for stashing weapons and it's all within reason to do so, so I don't see why it cannot be employed as part of combat strategy.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

IDK wtf stashing weapons has to do with this thread, but I was trying to point out how clear that helpfile made the concept. Saves help you resist spells, breaks help casters succeed with spells landing, why someone would think save vs spell would not be broken by breaks boggled me. A perception based on -con attached to most of what they had seen?

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Kornhole: Chill, we were simply replying to otiff's question about stashing weapons which was mentioned in my guide. This thread was all about my warrior's guide in the first place... no?

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject:

<-- CHILLEST EVER.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Ivendel the issue is that people would, when getting their asses kicked, try to get a decent distance on someone and than rem all drop all and start sac 1. so that they can have a better chance at getting the items back from the respective mobs and the winner of the fight wouldn't get to loot. this falls under suicide. stashing weapons seems silly to me regardless. if a thief is going to steal them, hes going to steal them. chances are if you are willing to stash them, than they aren't important to the fight and most likely the thief isn't going to go after them anyways. smart thieves go for supplies first anyways... potions, sacks, lights. etc. I always went for weapons last if they didn't wake up yet... HAh maybe that's why I always fail at rogues? LOL

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject:

tayyah:
How is this any different from someone, before going to die, just using the "suicide" command, or using the spotted purple pill then getting killed by a mob and got his equipment all thrown across winter? Do these two actions fall under suicide as well and are deemed as breaking the rules? Because I certainly have fought players who did either of these two before.

Anyhow, I know that it can be pretty gray, since I may lose the fight and die to the thief, and as a result get to retain some of the weapons that I stashed away. However, if rules dictate that I need to keep whatever I have on myself so that the thief will have a chance to steal them, it would be pretty unfair since thieves are the only unique class that can manipulate the inventory of another player.

As for the weapons that I choose to stash away, yes they may be weapons that I can arguably do without for the fight. But still, it is f**king irritating when all the thief does is blackjack, steal, and run away because that's what they do and it's part of their game plan. So why play into their game by giving them a chance to steal anything from you at all. Lastly, they can pry my sack, lights, etc. off me but there is pretty much nothing I can do about that.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Good guide by the way, thanks for taking the time and the effort but it at least was against the rules at one time. I've seen people punished for this before. In fact, I myself have been reprimanded for stashing weapons before a fight regardless of how the fight turned out.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject:

we have a suicide command now. so if you want to explode in a glorious shower of eq you can easily do that without wasting a purple pill Wink

edit: oh. you said that.

regarding stashing stuff, it's not recommended. i think i remember resatimm going around wasting people's secret piles

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject:

Don't forget that you better have a good explanation ready if you do something gray-area and an imm calls you on it. If you have a legit good RP reason for doing something you're in the clear more or less. You may still face in-character repercussions for your actions.

For example, if you piss off Davairus the God of Blood the actual effect of him remaining in character and fucking you up may not be particularly distinct from what would happen if you actually broke the rules. The distinction might only mean you get destroyed by an angry in-character deity instead of an angry out-of-character administrator.

As a rule of thumb if you get transferred and your only defense is "it's not technically against the rules" you're going to have a bad time and be dealing with the out-of-character administrator.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject:

Hrm... for the sake of discussion, I think stashing items away is a pretty logical and natural thing to do (of course I am not referring to stashing items for multi-ing purposes which is clearly against the rules).

For example, if I am an accomplished halfling thief that have stolen many things off hapless adventurers, I am definitely not going to have enough strength to carry all of those things on myself. In this case, I would probably have secret stashes in several locations to store all those "merchandise" that I can sell off or trade for, while at the same time also risking anyone finding those stashes and claiming those items for themselves.

Or if I am an elf warrior that cannot carry much to begin with and would like to have a spare set of saves armor ready on the get-go, I would have stashed that set of saves armor somewhere instead of having to gather them everytime I need them.

Well, at least from the way I see it, if there is a suicide command to avoid having your equipment being looted by the one that killed you, stashing equipment or weapons away prior to a fight is rather mild in comparison. In fact, I feel that stashing equipment is an extension of the pk-strategy and arguably fair in its execution since I will not get to reap the benefits of those items I stashed away while fighting my opponent and if he wins and kills me, he is more than entitled to what I had used against him.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

Removing all sac 1. Is so dumb. You have literally given up.

Stashing weapons is legit. You know a thief is around and i'm not gonna let him steal all my weapons. I bring whatever i need to the fight. That is really logical to me from all angles.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

I recommend storing all of your loot in one of the rooms in the Legion cabal

1 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject:

How is that different from: You know you're going to break the law so why let justice steal all your weapons? Just take what you need to fight

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

What's the difference? A justice has to kill you to take your weapon. A thief does not need. A huge difference ottif.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

there's nothing wrong with hiding some of your shit before you fight a justice. If it's suicide I'll dunk you though. Infractions will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis as always. If the Justice knows you did it, expect to be retaliated against in in-character ways. Don't forget that the Justice mortal leader and the Justice imm (usually Davairus) can change the laws and cabal rules in-character whenever they want.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: