Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Good non-rare magical weapons to use
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivindel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Good non-rare magical weapons to use

Dear fellow players,

I am a dumbass because I cannot, for the life of me, find a good non-rare weapon to use against monks in iron body or stone giants.

Can anyone smarter than me please enlighten me?

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Are you looking for good only? Or just something a goodie can wear?

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Use to be the mundane punch in the box. The non rare one. Not sure what happened to that. You can check out a dream catcher also, it hits the vuln I think. I would rely more on magical arrows from a strong bow.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject:

It's for neutral/neutral actually. Anything higher than 17 ave dam.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject:

You're phrasing your question to ensure failure because you didn't like my answer. There aren't high average damage magic weapons that are nonrare. A better question might be "hi everyone, why won't the imms make high average damage nonrare magic weapons for the Keepers to wield? What could possibly be preventing that?"

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone, why won't the imms make high average damage nonrare magic weapons for the Keepers to wield? What could possible by preventing that?

My 2 cents worth: Is it really too much to ask for average 21 max magical weapons? I don't even want specific elements if anyone is worried about Keepers using weapons that mimic a frostbrand sword to bully a fire giant. I am only asking for something similar to the purchasable chaos-bound weapons that does turmoil damage from Darkhaven since they do non-elemental type magic damage.

I don't think I am allowed to discuss anything about cabal powers here but a warrior/ranger in Keepers simply can't deal with monks or stone giants (worse still, a stone giant berserker because I can at least use a rod of mind spectres against a stone warrior). I am pretty certain that Ozaru has the same sentiments.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject:

How about if iron body required standing still to "build" over time into what it is. As long as we have a complementary damage increase that comes from moving, like swiftness or something. That way its more related to what the monk is actively doing, and is no longer just a purely passive buff. We could probably see some sick damage from monks that are doing a lot of running around

Giants are fine as they are.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject:

Hi Davairus,

No offence intended but if you would ask me, I would rather keep things as status quo and just deal with the current situation on my own terms. At least the problem is contained within just the Keepers. If things are really meant to be as such, then I will officially rest my case from hence forth.

The last thing I would want is for monks to get a buff. I have had enough trouble dealing with them already and I don't want the whole world to start having to deal with a new problem because of my persistent badgering.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:11 am    Post subject:

sounds like some class favoritism to me

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:19 am    Post subject:

I don't think reworking a monk skill because the cabal with no items to loot can't kill monks as easily as everyone else can is necessarily a good idea. I mean if iron body is janky then that sounds good but we don't normally have monks running around in full rares anyway

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject:

I may be wrong as I rarely used it, but doesn't enchant weapon cause weps to be flagged magical?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject:

may be flagged magical but it doesn't do magic damage as a consequence

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject:

Sorry guys, just wish to chip in here regarding "cabal with no items to loot".

Personally, I feel that a Keeper has got as much to lose when going into a fight as compared to someone with rares. Reason being, a Keeper can only either choose between a complete set of treant thews or a full set of gambled, simply because a Keeper cannot augment the treant thews set with rares. In any case, gambling for equipment as a Keeper (IMO) is just as tiresome and draining as any other. Of course, it is somewhat alleviated by the use of cabal currency but to gamble for those specific pieces you lost from each death is no joke either.

By being limited by the equipment choices, there is already a cap on the potential fighting capability of a Keeper. Of course, there are powers that help with that but I shall not go into those. On top of that, the Keepers are always making enemies with the Knights or Legion because of their duties. Contrary to popular belief, Keepers are not all-friendly people. In fact, I would view them more as common enemies.

Some of you may not agree with me here, but I feel that it takes a better than average player to play a Keeper well. Just my opinion though.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject:

ok I am actually just going to spell it out because I can't handle it

you have a level 30 chest piece on with almost no AC on it and all of your items are dragonblood and obviously chosen to get as much damroll as possible with absolutely no regard to any other stat. This is completely wrong and you are missing the Keeper's primary advantage which is overwhelming AC combined with cabal abilities

also you might have as much to lose as the other guy, but he has nothing to gain from you (while he does stand to gain from absolutely everybody else except a Keeper)

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject:

I also have no idea how this could have possibly happened because in order to get this kit of completely dragonblood stuff you had to throw away so many items with absolutely insanely good stats it boggles my mind

the first item I got when I tested keeper gambled items had 26 AC in all spots except magic which was 24 and +7 save vs mal

on a torso

which is an X4 slot multiplier

this item alone would increase your AC by over 40 for the cost of 3 damroll

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

It is stupid easy for a keeper to get a full set of gambled items to tool themselves out the way they want to be. If you don't know how to do this, I am sure someone will give you some ideas in game if you make friends.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject:

Didn't I have a long post about this not too long ago?? The only weakness keepers have is to monks where its not about skill, simply that class wins because of damage resistance. Everyone else you shouldn't have a real problem with. Keeper gambled gear is easier to obtain, you just need to grind for it, its a pain but if you want to spend the time you can make it work.

I didn't bother because I could kill most people in just treant thews and a few gambled pieces. I emphasize most not all. If you are looking to make any changes against 1 class with a forever empty cabal ur wasting your time. Roll a char for a different cabal.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject:

btw Nyc with my recent Keeper I gambled all dragonwing stuff, every single piece was dragon wing, spent like 2000 taijis it was stupid. Everything else was fractured, crap or dragonwing it can happen

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject:

sorry last point the person gets a fight, that is what is to gain from a keeper. Instead of playing with your toes at NS you have someone to fight. Everytime I had a keeper legion and knights never fought, it was always keepers vs the world

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject:

Hi Ozaru,

From what I experienced, other than monks, I feel that Keeper warriors can't do much against storm and stone giant berserkers too because of the same problem of damage resistance. The warrior can do whatever he wants pre-rage with the rod of mind spectres or magical arrows, but once the rage comes in, these two options are voided and there is no way that you can win with physical attacks then. But hey I can flee, just too bad that I can lose 600 health in a rage/warcry/bodyslam combo Smile

Well, I am not giving up on this cabal just yet. I will just manage things as it goes. I am passionate about warriors and that is what's keeping me going all this while, which is why you always see me campaigning from the warrior's perspective.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: