Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Good non-rare magical weapons to use
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject:

well my perspective comes from a ranger, I stopped playing warriors when the whole weapon switch bullshit was implemented. If I was a warrior against a berserker as long as they weren't severely decked out I wouldn't be overly concerned. I don't think weapon advantage carries much weight, its about how much you can parry and maintaining combat superiority.

Get your flame sword or icicles and flee murder them to hell. Don't lag yourself, dual wield and try and get those 4th attacks flying, berserkers don't need to be precise, you do as a warrior. Don't try any fancy shit like hobble or disarm or overhead crush, the flee murder the hell out of them. and if you are losing the fight run like hell and wait for the rng to work in your favor.

As a warrior you need your keeper eq to win fights, you don't have herb, you don't have a 10/10 bow, you don't have a grizzly to save your ass. lol why would anyone make a warrior rangers are so much easier.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject:

I don't see what's the big deal about giving an avg 21 non-elemental magical weapon to keepers. What? They gonna be OP with keeper skill? They have 3 combat skills of which 2 of them are probably irrelevant IMO. That depends on how good AC stat is. Other cabals that can use rares are demolishing through sanc when decked out with rares and keepers are limited to sparkling lightning sword and so much resistance over a request for an avg 21 magical weapon.

Rod of mind sceptres. Let me bring u to a log. Ivendel vs krug. Krug's equipment suck. Ivendel was considerably decked. A raged krug took out Ivendel hp by 600 in a rage>warcry>(did not bodyslam) combo. An unpreventable combo i would say. Rod of mind sceptres is useless against a raged giant. You will be dealing 0 damage while the berserker is destroying you. For a keeper in this situation, You'll be back to using a sparkling lightning sword or icicles(which melts) to bring down the fire giant. Again, krug's eq sucked. If the berserker is decked you are fried. Are you telling me that AC is going to change the flow of this fight? Ivendel had such high AC and good eq yet he got fried in the one combo. (RNG perhaps?) The warriors will only be able to get 1 or two murders in before the raged berserker kills you in normal situation. In that two murders if u dont do enough damage you are done, dead. Keepers current eq doesn't cut it.

I'm in favour of the 21 avg dam non elemental magical weapon to be given to keepers. Currently the damage output of keepers against physucal resistance classes is simply too low.

Last edited by Merlandox on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject:

I think i should make my point clearer. Nyc, your pt about AC is valid. It may be a better idea to get that 40 AC in exchange for 3 dam. It will def make his eq config more balanced. But the point of this post is the damage of keeper warriors. It is extremely low compared to other cabals and that is a fact. Even against at war targets and having the whole keeper skills at your disposal. This was the point i was trying to make.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys even read the changelog?

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah i do and just did again. Which change are you referring to though? There's a whole list of good work u guys have been doing.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject:

July 2016:
Code:
Mental dmg reduction from rage and berserk no longer stack.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

A keeper who wants to solo people should be rolling in 400AC not 200AC

My answer to keepers not being able to dish out big damage quickly enough is "gangbang like Keepers are supposed to"

the entire cabal is based around shit that is avoidable. If you don't want to be attacked by keepers don't wear too many rares, don't go on killing sprees, and don't disrupt the balance. Otherwise get gangbanged.

I know why Keepers aren't gangbanging - because Keepers are normally played by players earlier in their careers with something to prove. You've fallen for more experienced players shaming you into believing it's somehow dishonorable to fight at an advantage while your enemy is at a disadvantage. Unfortunately, that means you will lose.

If I were a keeper I would be doing such as intervening in 1v1 cabal fights to murder the strongest character, getting a gank squad of uncaballeds together and distributing the rares from the kill among them such that none of them have too many rares on, etc. Instead I see people wanting to be solo badasses only attacking the people who have a bright red flag in their name in WHO PK and then sacrificing all the rares. There's no effort to keep people from disrupting the balance in the first place. There's no RP worth mentioning. I've tried to intervene but none of the Keeper players were interested in changing anything so I stopped. If this is how you want to play then that's fine, but if I were playing like this I would be DYING. I don't think it's possible to play this way and get kills without a huge death count. Ask Lorne what he thinks.

Keepers are not warlords.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

July 2016:
Code:
Mental dmg reduction from rage and berserk no longer stack.

Sorry Olyn, I read this, but this just tells me Rage and berserk still reduces mental damage but it doesn't stack. Implies that Rage still reduces mental damage, which from my experience was huge enough. Unless this amount has been reduced significantly, of which I admitted I have not actually field tested it, this change doesn't tell me anything.

quote:

"I know why Keepers aren't gangbanging - because Keepers are normally played by players earlier in their careers with something to prove. You've fallen for more experienced players shaming you into believing it's somehow dishonorable to fight at an advantage while your enemy is at a disadvantage. Unfortunately, that means you will lose. "

No, there is a more practical reason for this. People do not stay around for the holy gangbang, they log off. There could be many reasons and I know that AR has been more forgiving about people quitting out due to personal reasons unlike in the past. Going up against a 3v1 gangbang is probably considered suicidal. I would to the same and I'm not going to miss my work schedule just to go up against the holy gangbang party.

So, the only way anyone's gonna have a real fight is if it isn't unfair. If I want to have a shot of taking him out, I need to bring him to fight 1v1, otherwise he'll just quaff a flight potion and run 10 circles around the realms and quit.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject:

all my recent characters have gotten every kill in unfair fights so I respectfully disagree with your analysis

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Fair enough. Just the opposite happening for me.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Knights are the ones always gangbanging.

I still think that Keepers need to have a power or two activated for threats as they do with those they are at war with. I don't know if the imms are afraid that somehow Keepers are going to mop the floor with the best players in the game? But against the Ygins and Mkatos.... That shit is needed. Can you imagine if one of their powers activated against Mkatos who's thing was ac/protection? Would have been swiss cheese.

@ivendel I'm not seeing your problem with magical weapons, keepers vs giants. Think you need to do a little more exploring and experimenting. If anything Keepers could have one of their weapon powers tweaked to have a 5-10% greater success rate. I swear I spent three hours just working on one weapon.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject:

I never played a Keeper, so the gambled eq stats are a bit unknown to me. But if the ac is that much like Nyct was saying, you really need to utilize that. You're playing the game wrong if all you do is hitroll/damroll. Not saying that doesn't work, it most definitely does when you're pimped out on rares but if it's avenue you haven't tried, having 400 ac is beef.

I already replied to as much as I can when you asked about weapons in the Imm thread. I mean if you really have a hard-on for higher level dams, I believe you can get into Keepers with a neutral/chaotic character. I can remember at least one in recent past. Then you can use all the turmoil weapons to your heart's desire. I doubt that extra 4 average dam is gonna fix your problem of getting beat.

Nyct brings up great points. You get alot of creative rping ability with Keepers, it's not as clear cut as Justice or Warlord. Keeping the balance could mean alot of different things. Gangbanging the top 5 killers could be one of them. Of course people can just log out when they see it coming, but you can invade a cabal to entice people to stay pretty quickly. I mean within like a couple of minutes logging in, you can literally go and invade to get their attention. Do that enough times and if they keep quitting out, someone is going to notice.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Lorne, you can get AC like that from Unlucky Smuggler gambled eq too. I've gotten items from him with 20+ AC across the board frequently, although it varies a lot.

That's what makes the jewelry so good. It's a huge source of armor on an eq slot that generally doesn't give any AC at all. But a lot of people ignore the torso item he has. I've seen armor on the torso at 24 which effectively makes it almost 100 bonus AC for that damage type.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject:

If you want a Keeper with means of magical attack, roll a monk, max anatomies... all styles but mantis I believe do a magical form of attack when they preform a stance attack... So, why not do that?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: