Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

no XP penalty for pets in groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: no XP penalty for pets in groups

thinking about removing all xp penalties incurred for grouping with pets

pets like necro zombies, illusions, pets from stores, etc. would simply be ignored outright when calculating xp earned for kills. No mobs in the group would count for any xp bonuses or penalties.

Do you guys think this would be fun and exciting, or lame and stupid?

1 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I think it would be simple in a way that is good.

It might require looking at how duplicates, zombies, and skeletons are handled when using those drinkme potions.

For example, I tested 3 zombie miscreant battle trolls with stone golem and flesh golem against medics (something a 50 necro would fight to rank up lvl 42s) and it didn't seem ridiculous, but that same army can cut down rangers very quickly.

Make necro ranking great again!

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject:

I agree with this proposed change.

I think dupes/zombies/golems should be able to level up/down with a potion drinker. If a level 50 spells up three dupes, they should be able to follow him down to level 20 and act like level 20 pieces of shit. But if he needs to duplicate more shit as a level 20, he should only have the procs to get 1 dupe or however many a level 20 illu gets.

With the necro, they should definitely not get boned for blasting lowbies up the ranks. I think their shit should level down with them and continue to follow them around but get their max hp/avg damage reduced as well.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject:

What youre proposing is a straight across the board buff to pet users and to that alone I have to say no. But I think the thinking is on the right track. I believe strongly that the soloing aspect of the game needs to be much more serviceable too. It needs to be always possible to level to 50 and from what I've seen players are having to level alone at this stage in the game's lifetime, and that means it needs to be always possible to level alone (someday, the players will be telling us that).

Perhaps it would be better thinking about what is the roleplaying basis and point behind receiving experience. Would a follower of Resatimm be willing to make sacrifices (e.g. to lose rend life) to level like this? I'm sure that would equally spice things up and pushes other gameplay that makes me think "fuck yes. this is good for the game" instead of ringing alarm bells. i think we could use this to help distinguish different kinds of necromancers. there is a contingent of players that solo here already anyway but i dont think theyre dissatisified with their experience as it currently is, its not an niche we need to offer much to strongly attract more people into anyway. id be very happy to see rend life necromancers continuing to begin out as a meagre group hungry bitch like all necromancers. that helps stop them getting past level 15 and helps ensure the lazy ones decide to become power levelled trash instead of actual strong characters

Illusionists level fast regardless so its kinda a meh whatever. I think it would be overall too strongly detrimental to the multiplayer game if the illusionist became a heavily soloing class instead of being the haste guy. as it would stand it would easily make illusionist into a soloing class if not the strongest soloing class. we've all seen them ripping through cabal guardians in minutes.... if this was opened then we should move to tax dupes far more than heavily we are with some level-based/combat round-based mana upkeep. I don't think they should be optimally useable for this purpose even if it was in theory possible and it seems revulsive enough that I don't feel I need to even start making any more points why. I don't mind if someone wants to use low level dupes with a safe mana upkeep, that would be an improvement, but it would be retarded them going around with footman smashing level 58 mobs for vast xp. It probably already is retarded being able to memorize and do this with released dupes. We could do this reallyw ell though I believe with some careful thought and not making things stupid (i have literally soloed the wights with my level 50 illusionist by just having autoassist off and spamming rescue). i dont see why we would do this for illusionist without changes. they fuckin rock already.

I don't think we'd even notice more rangers from doing this honestly. They can tank very well and capably dish most of their damage on their own as things already stand. I think it would help rangers feel more to get exp from cutting cooking and serving their group high level steaks that give an exp bonus and shit like that. Let them support their group some other way than just straight dps and dirt kicking (a ninja already does this so much better)

I believe wholeheartedly that store pets should not even deal damage in any fight whatsoever and htat you should have to hire a mercenary for that sort of shit. I think pets should only be companions and some day I should sit down and think of a serious design because this could be done so much better. I can do it so much better than it is set up right now. It will be amazing what I come up with to replace it.

My point is we just need to put some limitations on this and not make it into a binary thing of exp/no-exp which is what it is. both extremes are just different actually, some good points and some bad ones, it really isnt a simple black-and-white issue it was presented as here. we can make major improvements here but we can also overstep and ruin this if we think of this too binary

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

Did I just read that rangers are great solo-ing beast? I must be doing something really wrong because even when I was decked, I was having trouble solo-ing the high level monsters because my normals attacks hardly hit them and I have no skills to use at all while they were beasting me down.

Maybe it's just me. Lol.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

i wrote that they were good tanks and can do way more damage than their pets? since you can wear hitroll items

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: