Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Out of date website request thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Out of date website request thread

Hi all,

I know everyone is probably like "SIGH" when you see the outdated webpages.
Well...I've finally learned how to actually fix those pages! I have gotten a few out of the way today and am working to fix the world map. I could use your help, though, to catch anything that hasn't been reported yet. Please post here or bug in-game with any outdated information you find, and I will get around to them as soon as I can.

(I haven't learned how to fix the codex or webclient yet, I know there are a number of open issues for those. This thread is only for inaccurate or missing page content.)

Thanks everyone!

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

cabal section is out dated. only has juatice legion knight keeper on it with item captures etc

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

Got it. The warlord numbers look a little funky but I'm not sure if that's because they don't really participate in cabal warfare (yet). (Anyone want to wage a war to find out? Razz)

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

immortals list is outdated

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

Also, players page didnt seem to reset minutes played this month. Yiebaen has 250+ hrs, and its only the 6th of the month?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Immortals list - I looked at this last night. The page itself is fine; it seems to update based on activity in the last 60 days but activity seems to depend on hours vis or something like that. So perma wizis won't show up.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject:

I could easily be mistaken, but the Warlord numbers look very low, they have had their own item more than it is showing, unless it only started counting when they were added to the page.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

Warlord numbers on cabal possession definitely off. Also, under Keepers, there is a list of allowed classes, and bard is not among them, Crisbin rolls in his grave. Also, LAWFUL legion???

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

legion have been allowed to be lawful since like 2012. There's no reason to prevent it, especially if nobody wants to play a lawful Legion. Which is obviously the case since nobody's tried in like 4 years

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Found a bug in warlord possession. There was a bit of code that prevented saving cabal properties for warlords (I think this was probably a relic of Strife era stuff). If that's the cause, we should see the results improve over the course of this month. The website bar chart contains points accumulated over current month and last month, so it will take some time to get back to normal. Currently, the table that the possession chart draws from shows only five entries related to warlords, all of which were caps of the warlord item by Legion in 2015 and January 2016.

Bard added to keeper page.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Shaman page seems misleading at the bottom mental is not the only saving throw for dispel magic.

On the avian page wasn't the disease vuln removed or changed to mal?

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

looking at other classes I see the save vs mental thing for dispel magic too (pal)

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

dispel magic is supposed to be a mental save

no spell is supposed to have multiple saves

It's shitty that it's the only spell that changes what save it targets depending on what class you're fighting.

I've always hated that >:[

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

I was just thinking about dispel magic the other day. The change to the spell that varied the save based on caster class was an effective nerf to spell. Since then, appropriate save equipment has become easier to gather and the illusionist class has gotten a slightly different dispel that effectively makes it easier to dispel spells of lower level like purple potion sanc.

Reverting dispel magic to all mental would do nothing for illusionist, but it would strengthen necro, healer, and invoker because nobody really wears mental saves against them. It would help shamans to a lesser extent, but smart players already wear mental saves against them.

I'm not positive a full revert to all mental is warranted right now, but it's definitely worth a discussion.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Olyn.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Before this change was made, I used to advise people to fight shamans by getting gyvels and 65 damrolls so that their opponent can't take the damage and still cast offensive spells anymore. I actually also presented the example of doing it myself, when I played a berserker and did precisely this and was able to kill two level 50 shamans simultaneously at a period of time where human shaman was enjoying a reign of terror.

At this point, you still need to worry about at least one save, but its not taxing you twice (i.e. you can max your save mal and get enough mental to not worry about hysteria too much). Wearing saves instea of massive stupid damroll works much better. In the past that mental dispel magic was too big a threat, the amount of saves needed would take down your outgoing damage too much and you would get defeated by a turd wearing a huge stone club and red dragon eq with no clue what he is doing.

Reverting this dispel magic change will require the double dipping of offensive spell save in that class to be addressed immediately, probably with stuff like easier to get save vs spell eq.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject:

Eh, you got defeated by a turd with a huge stone club because he dispelled you, then demonfired you. He also had enhanced damage to abuse the sanc drop.

I suggest it might not be a problem anymore. But, I'm not against considering returning demonfire and/or enhanced damage to shamans as part of some future fix. Changing this could limit our possibilities there.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

This change is relatively new I don't think enhanced damage played a part. I remember the reasoning being that having to wear mental saves to fight a class that did not specialize in mental spells was essentially too much. In some cases (necro) it helped, and in others it was just an unnecessary nerf. However I vote to keep it as is to keep certain classes in line unless you're going to individually tailor dispel magic to the class which would be cool (necro dispel should not be as strong as illusionist, healer dispel procs lightning bolt on success, etc.). BTW Olyn is that dispel magic illusionist added benefit for low level spells in the help file? That would be good info to have public especially for newer people.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

reading that an illusionist has "a different type of dispel" frustrates me. It makes me wonder wtf the person who implemented that was thinking

It's one thing to have a little extra bonus if you're an invoker (attunement) and another thing entirely to have two spells of the same name with (even slightly) different mechanics

That said, like I posted upthread I've had this in the back of my head for years. I tried to slide a fix for invokers into the invoker rework and got vetoed. Although the "veto" was just Davairus convincing me in IRC that reverting this isn't better enough than doing nothing.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject:

I edited my post down a little cause it was whiny

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: