Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

ranger skill : herb .. proposal to become a field bandage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asudan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

100% agreed with Nycticora, no need to change.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm kind of agreeing with not changing it. I'm not being negative with what I'm about to say, but I think we are slowly over-complicating our classes as it is, one by one.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Are you actually saying that renaming a healing skill from "herb" to "bandage" and removing its restriction of being used in forests-only is over-complicating classes? Haha. You guys got me.

I've made things more complicated where they were too easy and simple is all.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

you posted this: "With a channeled interrutipble heal over six secs failure would move from low to zero".

This made me go from compromise mode to full rejection mode. My opinion might change if you share an exact proposed changelist, but right now I don't really understand what you want to do at all. It doesn't at all sound like the only change you want to make to the skill is the name. It sounds like you want to change the skill fundamentally.

I also think that people think it is cool to go to the forest with a ranger and find herbs. It is not as cool to use a bandage. That's why I suggested changing herb to add an option to generate an herb item that can be used later and in other sector types instead of changing the fluff to something that is worse, less fun, and less interesting.

A channeled, interruptible skill is radically different from a skill where you walk to the forest type one command and instantly receive the full effects.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject:

Hmm no i was just offering it as a possibility sorry if i miscommunicated that and caused a panic

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject:

idk if it was a panic, it's just that the line between grudging acceptance and abject refusal is very thin

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

If Herb is going to be a HoT then at least make it not have a cool down, like monk healing. That would be an improvement.

Also I posted an idea a long while back, can't seem to find it, it was called Herbalist or something, a ranger would walk around in different terrains and find different kinds of herbs. Like in the desert sectors he would find cactus or something that when you eat it gives you maybe a level 10 refresh buff. Jungles would be the rare stuff like lily and exotic herbs that would give you buffs or heals.

This could easily be worked into druids since they would be able to cultivate whatever they want since they are the masters of herbs.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject:

Stick with how you said it to begin with. Same thing, name it something different if you're wanting to do something with herbs for druids. I really don't see why rangers would need a HoT like monks.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: