Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Lowbie hoarders and rare count
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Lowbie hoarders and rare count

Would there be any way to increase the rare count of items hoarded by little pipsqueak mid-30s niche dick-bag toons?

Basically, let's say there are usually 2 titanium fullplates that are able to be circulated. Is there a way that if both are held by little twat level 20 berserkers who either farmed a billion gold and outbid everyone at the AH or chicken-shit looted a jeoparty/kato epic battle of doom, that the cap of tit fullplates would be 3?

0 1
boo,
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10806

Please refer here, your barking up the wrong tree. I tried and tried..

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject:

your suggestion was stupid, and also there was an issue we were debugging at the time around rare repops not happening because the purge wasn't finishing right. Now that issue is put to bed and we can have a proper discussion about rare spawn rates.

0 1
boo,
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

since when is self serving suggestions spawning from the inability to get full plate proper discussion. Of course people want more full plate duh, it is the best

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

From what I understand of rare spawn rates (and as we've seen my knowledge of the game is not 100% on point all the time), the number of rares in circulation depends upon the number of characters that exist (and maybe it's just level 50 characters).

Back when the game had 50 people as an average online at any given time and when there was a shitton of pk there would have been a lot more liquidity of rares in that they transferred more frequently from player to player. So a piece of equipment could travel from a level 30 to a level 50 via pre-level 50 pks.

Now that the playerbase is much smaller, hoarding has a more pronounced affect. And the opportunities for high level rares to swim up the pk ladder are smaller and once a niche level 35 ninja gets a pimp suit, it's much harder to bring him down because there is little risk of an HGOD to then distribute said pimp suit amongst a wider field.

Hoarding is a tricky subject because if you do manage to get that shit, you have earned it and should be able to hang on to it. The flip side is, it's incredibly easy to log the minimum number of hours especially on classes with stealth and during times of very low player activity to hold on to a suit.

I'm trying to think of a way to introduce high quality rares into different pk tiers without cause rare inflation to run amok. A system where that level 35 dick-bag ninja can hoard his spiked collar, two marked bracelets, titanium fullplate, spiked steel gauntlets, spiked steel boots, and whatever else that dipshit managed to claw his way onto so that he can whack off as his *** damage fucks up everyone in his weight class. But a system where that equipment can also circulate amongst the level 50 characters of the game whose level actually matches that of the armor they're wearing.

Of course everyone wants titanium fullplate, it's the best, duh. You get titanium fullplate, and you get titanium fullplate.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Salty... Give me a titanium fullplate too...

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Nycticora the problem is not fixed, at least for this month. I still have a level 25 that has had rares since it was created and never logged the minimum amount of hours. Granted they are very un-used rare items, but still he has never been purged in 9 months with only a handful of hours played.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Alright beia that pisses me right off. you just openly admitted you are aware of a bug that's been persisting for a year? wtf is that. also I was told by a little bird that the rare count was affected by level 10s. if I wanted to raise the rare count make 500 level 10s. rare purge should affect anything less than 20 hours a month. if you have a problem with a level 30fire giant warrior make a half elf shadow and go rape him and sacrifice his shit. this isn't the immortals problem. it's ours.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

"also I was told by a little bird that the rare count was affected by level 10s."
-Tayyah

You were told by a little bird? Who told you that? Is that true?

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Code:
'RULES'

1: no multiple logins, multi playing, or multi charactering (MULTI)
2: stay IN-CHARACTER at all times (INSANITY)
3: do not leave characters on life support (SCRIPTING)
4: do not interfere outside your pk range (ASSISTANCE)
5: no permagroups (PERMAGROUP)
6: do not spam or flood the screen to annoy others (SPAMMING)
7: do not sexually harass other players (HARASSMENT)
8: do not advertise other games or products (ADVERTISING)
9: do not exploit beneficial bugs (BUGS) <<<--------------------------------<<<<
10: obey orders from Immortals (IMMORTALS)

An additional note about losers.  This is a playerkilling game, expect
to die and get used to dealing with it, with friends if need be.
However, that does not mean that we harbinge losers who pick off
our new players.  If you get jacked and fully looted with no RP in
your first two months on this game, let us know so that we can deal
with that person to the harshest possible degree.

If you wish to report a rule violation, either open an ISSUE or use
the COMPLAINT command to report a player, citing the infracted rule.
Include any detail that you think will help us. Consult HELP ISSUE and
HELP COMPLAINT for full information.  APPEALS are available also.

And remember, if you aren't sure if something is against the game rules,
it's much less painful to ask than to find out the hard way.

Nice job, Beia.

1 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Alrigjt. Dont mind me. I am off to create my very own titanium fullplate.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

I have always been purged. What does stealth have to do with it?

Also Beia if it has been 9 months and you've known of a pretty big bug like that and haven't bugged it and also benefited from it, you deserve to be banned. And don't tell me you did cuz I know that is some shit Dav would have looked in to.

Holding onto rares at level 30 is not easy at all. You have the activity timer, but you also have a lot of cheesy imbalance at lower levels (charge, hellstream, etc.). Honestly if I see a level 25 with a full titanium suit I would be thrilled. That means I can just roll up an invoker, offer to group, wait til he gets to low health and just hellstream him. I've done it before to a hoarding vampire in fact. Or roll a ninja and kill that hoarding lowbie thief (did that too). I've done it a bunch of times and it really is just a bonus in my opinion. I get a pimped out suit on a low level and don't have to worry about gearing up at 50. And I thought there were only 2 titanium suits available at any given time regardless of playerbase. I mean in theory with inscribing there could be more though?

1 0 0
Trojal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Reporting an instance of a bug, even if it's delayed, should be positively reinforced so as to promote people continuing to report issues.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

No it shouldn't. All that will do is give people incentive to abuse bugs as long as they want then report them once they feel they've sufficiently benefited.

0 1
boo,
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

My bug has been logged for a year about this issue. How is it my fault that it has not been fixed? I have gone months without logging in to that toon but not enough to really care and no one uses a jeweled fork anyway.

Code:
8th July 2016 08:42:11 PM (UTC)

^^ To be exact when I logged this bug. Was almost 1 month after creating the toon, grabbed a jeweled fork logged 3 hours in June, came back in July and still had the fork, logged in like 4 months later, still had the fork and logged in this month with the fork. So maybe it's just me? I was not purposely hoarding a bunch of rares.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Fork-hoarder! I knew it was you.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

The whole offer to group and pk them when they get low will not work against a niche pk'er because they have no interest in ranking and instead are choosing to remain at a low-tier level to avoid the badass pinnacles and pick people off as they rise through the ranks.

And it really isn't that hard to keep shit if you can log your 15 hours hidden and invisible on a couple days between the hours of 3am-7am EST.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

The game does not purge characters that are under 17 hours old. I assume its to avoid driving new people off the game. ofc, leave it to beia to have a year old character with that few hours played on it

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject:

At least I still play! I will put in more hours!

0 0 0
DigitalText

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject:

"Honestly if I see a level 25 with a full titanium suit I would be thrilled. That means I can just roll up an invoker, offer to group, wait til he gets to low health and just hellstream him."

I get that this was laid out as part of an applicable point, but am I the only one that finds this depressing?

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: