Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

Lowbie hoarders and rare count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject:

There was only a few characters purged last month. Next month we will purge everybody as we usually do.

The matter of multi'ing I consider closed but we are still taking about the rares hoarding problem of course.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject:

In all that we have done, we have made the clear distinction to not involve our friend in any of our multi activities. That lorne kill by sevaush and then passing on to fyrvielle who was also in legion at that time is as legit as it goes in-game, in my opinion. The fault had always been our own and we made it clear amongst ourselves that merlandox will never partake in any of it.

For us, the way we played this game had evolved to a different domain. Yes, we still pk to a minor extent, but we had found more pleasure in denying these equipment to the masses since we had monopolised almost all of the very rare equipment. We knew people will start to get annoyed and angry even but that was what we were gunning for in the first place. We wanted to create a huge wave. Many may not agree with the hoarding but to us, that is just another way of how we played this game and most importantly, we derived joy in that.

We had always known that our multiing "crime" will catch up to us in the end, but still, we never once thought that hoarding in itself is shameful in any way. Why would we make it easy for anyone to steal from us what we had gathered? If you want it that badly, you got to go through it the hard way. That was our thinking.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject:

Unbelievable, Ivendel. I would like for a psychologist to read your posts. You clearly have some very deep, disturbing issues. Gaining "joy" from playing a game to piss off everybody you can by taking all the nice things in an illegal fashion, and then insta-log out anytime there is a threat?
Basically you are saying you get pleasure by doing the wrong thing, and watching everybody around you suffer.
Put the game aside. Take the basic principle from all this, go ask your family, your kids(if you have any), do these actions make you proud of me? Is this what you taught me as parents?...Or want me to teach my children as a parent?
Get help man.

Merlandox, did you know what was going on? I hope not...because anybody sitting on the sidelines watching and knowing, should have stepped up and did the right thing by informing the IMM staff in instantly.

2 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject:

whether or not he was involved, the logs show that he was involved. At the time, he would have gotten busted. The only evidence suggesting he wasn't involved is the data from 2016 to 2017 that shows he wasn't involved.

You literally almost got his HoE wrongfully denied for multi. You owe Merlandox a serious apology. If we had looked into this when Beia first reported it, Sevaush would have been denied.

I'm glad I'm not trying to play this game with an IP from Singapore I tell you what. You realize because of you and people like you that your entire country has been banned from AR more than once right?

Last edited by Nycticora on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject:

Ivindel you have some screws loose. You keep talking about your made up wife like she actually exists. I would not be surprised if merlandox is actually ivindel. You have some serious issues man please get help immediately for your own sake. I found your Facebook you are obviously not married or engaged with anyone. You can keep lying if it makes you feel good, but we all know the truth.

1 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject:

Well, to each his opinion, I rest my case.
I am pretty sure my marital status had been changed in facebook.
You must be looking at the wrong person. No reason to lie there. Can't help it if you can't believe it.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject:

sure but I'm just going to put it out there that is a seriously dick move and it is unacceptable from a friend

this guy had a solid PK record and got HoE with the 200 ping you say you need cheats to overcome

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject:

I actually wanted to keep quiet on this entire thing, but it's getting too out of hand.

Everything that I did with Sevaush was carefully thought out. Since Fyrvielle was brought up, she applied to Legion when I was rank 3. I didn't even approve her application. I just sat on it and let the others approve it. Qurtoc Forsaken at that time questioned me why didn't I review and approve her application? I just kept silent. Nycticora approved Fyrvielle and Qurtoc INSTRUCTED me to induct her. So I did in Qurtoc's presence at the temple.

I was rank 4 when I killed Lorne. At that time, the good aligned people were crazy. I was getting ganked like shit. So after deliberation, the titanium set was best to outfit my own Legion guys. (DEFINITELY LEGIT) She got the other pieces herself. I tried my best to stay away from all this but why should I not give the set to my own Legion guys?

I can safely said I tried my best to keep Sevaush clean. The only thing I ever did with Sevaush was not to PK his characters. That said, I'm not gonna attempt the Kaddar Faeries to reach Jorben. It's impossible for an illu. However, we did PK each other at the start. Grimjark scored a kill on Sevaush in the early days. However he didn't like the feeling of killing his own friend, so shrug. It's not a big deal anyway.

Xenyar: Truth is, I knew what he was doing. I have told him that it's pointless hoarding those eq and he's spending way too much time doing this. But if he enjoys it, then so be it. I'm his IRL buddy, his best man at his wedding, I'm not gonna rat him out to the IMM staff.

On to Ivindel. I think some of your comments were unfair to him. How about you guys stop the rage and ask why this happened? I'm going to share my own perspective. In the early days when we returned to AR, Ivindel was really active fighting. Grimjark had his fair share of intense battles. He even had Azhai's final death under his belt. Grimfrakk was made leader because he had good kills. Fyrvielle fought many guys too, so did Ivendel the elf warrior. Lufiers fought Azhai all the time. You guys have fought him.

And I know for a fact Varick tried to take the titanium set from Fyrvielle and you guys fought and you failed to kill him for it. So don't go saying he didn't give you guys a chance to kill him. He did and that's also a fact.

Why did he multi-character and what changed? (in my opinion).

Firstly Ivindel has an intense passion for warriors but in his opinion, warriors are shit. Looking at warrior's PVE contribution, they are shit. They can't tank, they have only moderate dps, they can't heal, they can't sanc. They are SHIT. I repeat SHIT. Nobody wants a warrior groupmate. His answer to this? Roll up invokers and gather the EQ. They are faster, more efficient and you can run any dungeon with this, then multi over to his characters rather than sitting with your warrior in North Square and waiting for someone to come and group with you to gather EQ. (which probably will never happen) I wanted to roll an Invoker to help him PVE, but warrior + invoker, such a sucky combination. Even warrior + shaman would be so sucky. In Winter I'm not even sure if you can survive a 5 mob room with that combi. So he decided to do it with his wife. 2 invokers. Solves everything. Was this a right thing to do? Probably not, but at that time we didn't know you guys had increased the punishment for Multi. He was thinking at most he gets a character delete. We only knew about the increased severe punishment for Multi when pointed to it by the Imm.

So Xenyar, why did Jorben not fight you at Kaddar? Simple, his invokers are just to gather EQ. He doesn't play invokers at all. So why would he fight you with his invokers?

What changed? He has been voicing his opinions on warriors over the entire time. Let us look at the warrior PVP kit. Warriors are strong in their element, but they have nothing to lock down a player. All his fights took like 3 hrs of chasing and fighting to secure a kill. While other classes have curse, enfeeblement, misdirection, devil dance etc, warriors have nothing. Even asking for magical weapons as a Keeper Warrior to have an answer to monk's iron body was met with huge resistance. He got shot down by Dav for just asking why was the rod of mind sceptres changed to anti-good by saying he does not understand the mechanics of the game. In the end he decided to just have his own fun hoarding all the equipment he gathered.

That said, I'm not defending his actions for he did indeed broke the rules of AR. You guys wanted to know why someone would do what he did? I'm sharing with you guys why I think he did what he did.

0 2 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject:

For the record, i will say here that we are formally genuinely sorry to have almost gotten Merlandox involved.

Just out of curiosity, as far as cheating goes, aside from the multiing, is there something else here that constitutes cheating?

1 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

cheater, end of story. ivendels chars are all shit now. there is no did this or did that. all 22 of them got denied, and his chars are shit now. its frustrating that you sit there and try to defend him, makes me think more and more that you are just as guilty.

1 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

Did you not read my last sentence?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject:

the whole post was ypu defending him. just because I put no offense at the end of my insult doesn't make it less insulting. it just helps ease your own conscience

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

You're just blinded by your rage now.

He did fight a lot of people at the start. That's a fact. He did Multi for eq, that's a fact.

You guys asked "why would someone do this?" That's also a fact. I just shared my opinion on this.

Well, if u guys wanna rage at me for not ratting out my buddy to the IMM staff, then go ahead and rage at me. I'm guilty of that. But I would never do something like that ever to my buddy. Also a fact.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject:

I will also say this.

Was what he did a right thing to do? No, definitely not.

Was I involved? No I wasn't.

Did I know about it? Yes I did, but I kept quiet. I didn't deny he did anything nor did I openly admit he did it. I leave it up to him and the Imms.

My point of the post was just to share my insight to why I think he did what he did that's all. And also he didn't do it to have fun pissing you guys off like what you guys claim. He just put in all the effort to gather the EQ, so he's gonna have fun hoarding it that's all.

Of course, the side effect of that is everyone else gets starved of eq. Which of course is bad for everyone. I refused to take equipment from him, that's why I am starved like everyone else. Also a fact.

That's about all i'm gonna say.

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject:

Merlandox - you are guilty, and should be punished. It's not rage, it's simple. If you see someone murder someone else and don't tell cops you're guilty too.

Ivindel - to purposefully play a game where your goal is denying other's fun is creepy and horrible.

I have changed my opinion to: piss off both of you (3 of you?) you'll not be missed.

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

Dav - having no anti-hoarding rules is fine, it would actually be very difficult I guess. But there is hoarding (I run from PK because I only like PvE) and then there is hoarding like this where the SOLE POINT is deliberate denial of rares to the populace at large.

I think the 2nd should be considered against the rules as it's ruining the fun for others on purpose, with no other goal.

Never thought anyone would ever do that... WTF still can't believe the words you've said Ivindel...

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

Stephen show me the law. US law is fine.

"Generally speaking, most people are under no legal obligation to report a crime, whether they knew about it in advance, witnessed its commission, or found out about it after the fact."

-Only if asked directly and I DENIED it to conceal a fact can i be charged. I never denied anything.

But whatever man dude. It's a game, you wanna punish me go ahead.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

I've lost respect for you for not reporting a guy you knew was cheating.

Warriors are the way they are so we can have class diversity. Warriors are great tanks and great to have in a group. Beia and Bladefurry are literally always looking for a warrior to group with to get EQ. The last time I rolled up a char they were sending me tells all the fucking time and I didn't even know them. Half the pbase loves to go on EQ runs.

Maybe you think we shouldn't have class diversity in AR?

Warriors don't gather eq when solo as fast as an invoker can because there is a massive difference between a pimped warrior and a pimped invoker. It's very telling that this guy was multiing equipment from the invoker to the warrior instead of keeping it on the warrior. It's because the character who is stronger with pimp eq is the warrior and not the invoker.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

This is some fucked up shit.

First of all, warriors are not shit. You can blame ping time or whatever but if you have that sort of equipment on warriors, you should be rolling train. With dirt kick affecting mages and your lag skills to fuck everyone else up, warriors are solid.

Second of all, deriving joy from the pain of others (pain of others being their inability to find you and pk you before your adrenaline calms and/or login timer times out) is psychopathic.

What the fuck do you mean "besides multi what other rules did we break'? Multi has always been one of the most severely punished offenses. M1co got all of estonia banned for his multi actions. At least m1co actively pks people and engages in the game.

To the rest of us, we are justified in being pissed. But I think we should step back from the ad hominem's about this dude's wife or whatever. If she does exist, great. You guys can bang while continuously spamming eq. If she doesn't exist, whatever.

Shit man.

edit-- for the record, I'm a m1co fan. I think what he brings to the game generally outweighs what he takes away from it. This Ivindel-multi-hoarding shit is purely destructive.

edit edit-- http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10806 These are the beia props

Last edited by Ergorion on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

"You guys can bang while continuously spamming eq."

Hahaha yeah!!!! Call of the thread :)

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: