Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 18 hours, 9 mins.

Lowbie hoarders and rare count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

People mentioned earlier (not sure if it was in this thread) that to keep your rares you should play 1 hour per rare per week. I think that's a little bit aggressive but I liked the concept!

It might be good if you had to play an hour to keep the rare, and then let the rare cost (i.e. rarity) determine how many days in the month you have to do that again. So for example cost1 (unique) = play 1 hour every 1 day, which is probably 30 hours a month. Cost 5 (major globe) = play 1 hour every 5 days, which means you'd be playing six hours a month. Cost30 (mithril vest) = play 1 hour every 30 days.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

Oh come on, you gotta admit that there is some form of sadistic fun in playing hide and seek and evading all those attempts while everyone is dying to get their hands on you, and yet not succeeding. IMO, It is in no way less sadistic than full-looting someone's corpse after killing them especially if they have gathered them painstakingly. What we have done is simply just hoarding on a massive scale across multiple characters, as compared to a single character hoarding a set tenor set. The true intention was not to deny these rares but it was an interesting by-product of wanting to hoard everything that we have gathered. Ever thought about how we would have gathered such a hoard if those rares had been retained by any of your well-preserved characters. We had never been actively killing and looting. We were passive. If you chose to delete and returned the rares to circulation, don't expect them to return back to you on your next character roll as an entitlement. Once they have switched hands, it's only right that you work to get it back.

These comments may anger you further, perhaps, but we do not expect you to agree with us.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

negative, I do not agree there is sadistic fun. Sadistic fun is fatalitying your enemies, not logging out when someone in your pk range joins the game. That's just the lamest thing I've ever heard of.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

ivindel, you are just making excuses for your hoarding addiction, which is actually the real reason why you are breaking rules IMO.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Hoarding became an addiction for us, no doubt about it. It led us to multi, definitely. Multiing is breaking the rules, we plead guilty. Hoarding? Nah... Hoarding is not against the rules right? One can also hoard without breaking the rules, just gotta do it right and legit, no? So instead of just the two of us, if there are perhaps maybe 10 of us hoarding, it's still gonna have the same effect.

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Before cheating was revealed everybody was asking, why would hoard in the first place, but now everybody is just talking shit. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Saying things like while m1c0 multied, but at least he also pk'ed so this is somehow better is downright wrong imo. If you cheat just to hoard shit, then you are only ruining other people's satisfaction of having cool stuff. If you cheat to pk, then you are ruining other people's pk experience similar to what doping does to sports. Which of the two is more important? With all that said he obviously cheated and this shouldn't be tolerated, so he should be punished at imm's discretion.

To ivindel I would just like to say that if you think one class is weaker or doesn't suit your style just choose another class to play. As for high ping, I have also played with ping in the range of 170-250 and it did seem to me that it affected my ability with the classes that require weapon changes to keep the advantage all the time, so I chose to play those less. However it is likely that my own poor pk ability with those classes mattered way more.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

The kind of idea that ivindel is trying to pawn off as okay (while technically in within the rules guidelines) is cancerous. It is literally that kind of mentality which ruins the game. Hell, I agree with xenyar that you just have some serious issue which is currently preventing you from being a decent individual. A decent human being. Only you can fix that.

Merlandox, you aren't wrong that you had no requirement to report these crimes. However, it does make you morally guilty. No question about it. First you should have addressed ivindel (and maybe you did) to cut that shit out, it doesn't help the game nor the actual characters (since they will get denied.) Second, if the first step didn't stop it, you absolutely should have brought it to the imms. Buddy or not. Again, it's called being a decent human, doing the right thing.

2 0 1
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

So the USA doesn't really have aiding and abetting laws, they are specific to child endangerment and have laws saying that you are forced to report these types of situations, but that's it. Canada (my country) has aiding and abetting laws in place for this garbage... But you, your from Singapore. and this is right out of the singapure statutes

Failure to report offences

16.—(1) Any person who, knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that another person is guilty of any offence included for the time being in the Second Schedule, fails to report the same to a police officer at the earliest possible opportunity shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years.

Just throwing that out there

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

You can also stop bringing up the fact that he was a good player before he started cheating. that's a retarded argument. He is a cheater. FACT. all of the characters were denied and not even put in the graveyard FACT. This means his characters are shit. they never existed. he has no ground to stand on in this regard.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

You're hilarious Tayyah, you ran a search, got a hit and pasted a line out of a long document.

Second Schedule:

Reportable offenses include :

Arms offences act
Explosive offenses act.

I'm not even going to open that two act because it's a waste of time to go further into this. Hell i'll be one busy man because chewing gum is illegal in Singapore. I guess I got to go to the police every other hour reporting people chewing gum. Get a life Tayyah.

You're comparing this to criminal acts and throwing Law out here about not reporting. What did Ivindel do? Kill your dad or something?

I'm just gonna throw it out once and if you guys disagree about moral obligations so be it.

Ivindel commited only one infringement, and that it Multi. I do not report Multi because hell everyone has done it in their AR life. Not only m1co. They know the consequences and if they get caught they answer for it.

Hoarding in itself is not an infringement. You guys are pissed because you guys cannot get the rares that you want, fine. You have every right to do so, but do not slam this moral obligation on me because I didn't do something that was to your benefit.

I hope you guys do not report your bunk buddy that sneaks out at night to have a drink at a bar. I guess Tayyah would be running up to his drill sergeant to rat on him having a drink last night and having him crawling on the field for the next entire day because well, that's the right thing to do.

Anyway, I do not think I am not a decent human being for not reporting this. Peace out guys, this will be the last post on this bullshit.

0 1
boo,
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

One infringement, repeated for how long...

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

By the way, I just pull random shit off google because its fun, I didn't even look at what I was pulling it off of I really don't fucking care man. ITs funny to me, I actually feel bad as a person when I argue with Ozaru or Bladefurry. because they may be idiots sometimes they are still functioning members of our society and I want them to be here. You, I don't give a shit what I say to you guys anymore because I could care less if you stick around. I would feel better actually if all of you were gone. I'll say what ever I wouldn't even be against just flat out making shit up, but that's not necessary here you created this on your own.. Multi and character sharing for a fucking year man. it wasn't just oh he multi a fiery dagger once in ofcol, that's what your making it sound like. he fucking multi and character sharing for a year and amassed the entire database of rares and uniques and avoided conflict at all cost to keep them.

Last edited by tayyah on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

1 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Dude, in case you're not reading this right i'll make it really clear. He Multi-ed and that's his problem. He get caught he faced the consequence. I'm not defending his actions.

To you, not having rares is tantamount to murder. To me, I don't give a fuck if I only have red dragon eq.

0 1
boo,
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Stop with the bitching back and forth and get this back on subject now. It's done and over with. It will just be a new person hoarding, without the mult, hopefully. What are some options? Personally I'm okay with how things are now. We got the crap off of the low levels, but it still doesn't prevent the next people from doing it. Is there a viable way to stop hoarding? I hate the item level restriction myself.

1 1
boo,
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Alright that's fair, two things though, rares aren't that important to me. breaking the rules is. I used to be a huge fucking rule breaker probably worse than most 10 years ago, and it ruined the game for me. I look at it 100% differently now as an adult and its a huge part of my life as a stress relief and time waste. so that's why I am raging the blatent fuck you to the entire playerbase. Secondly if you truly aren't defending him fine, but when you write a full screen "explaining" why he did it, sorry that's defending him buddy. call a spade a spade, just because you say Im not defending him, and than go on to defend him... Because the question was why, we didn't say hey Merlandox why did he do this. The question was why, and than You answered for him. That's defending.

Last edited by tayyah on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

1 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I've already said this. You guys asked why would someone hoard equipment like that. So I answered your question albeit on his behalf. If you think that's defending him then sure. In everything that happen, there's always something to learn from, even something as simple as why does a cheater cheat. If you guys don't wanna hear that then delete it, doesn't matter to me.

0 1
boo,
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Looks like you get the last word! lol damn moderators. I think that things will be fine the way they are, this whole time before the debacle uncovered I was actually arguing against this. I didn't feel that rares or uniques were even out of place. So my opinion is actually strengthened now that there is a hell of a lot more rares going back into circulation. I think we should just sit on it, and see how the next month or so plays out

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Auction house back in action!

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Scream

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

So this thread seems utterly useless for discussing and improving inactivity rare removal in any capacity at all. It seems so massively derailed and trainwrecked into over that I don't see anything useful in future and dont want to read anymore. I will take the suggestions out tonight though thanks to everyone who posted something helpful.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: